Text "Channels"

Kruell

Text "Channels"

Postby Kruell » Fri May 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Something used in other games but something that would need implimented early (like now) would be to assign channels to certain types of text. For instance, make "normal" room descriptions, talk, and actions base 0. Staff Announcements/System Messages would be 1, Guild Chat 2, Pages/Whispers 3, Party 4, and you can take it further but cap it at 10 internally since I doubt you will ever get there. Allow the players to have tabs in their chat section where they can select what channels go to that page. I suggest you impliment the channel system as the Party 4, channel would be a custom channel. You may later want to add additional custom channels that would allow people to isolate and retain conversations with select people throughout their gaming experience. The options are only limited by what you have time and priority to impliment but by putting in a hard limit early of 10 you will prevent yourself from ever being tempted to go wildly insane with the channel options. In other words, no RP SEX channels!

Go ahead and put in the "auto-write on dump" feature into the tabs. That way when the tab fills and clears, it will dump the text into a .txt or .rtf file. Have it turned off by default since it does take resources but give them the option. This will also allow you to work well with the previously requested colors for different types of text. You could easilly assign a different ANSII color code to each channel.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Thoth

Re: Text "Channels"

Postby Thoth » Fri May 27, 2016 5:03 pm

This has already been suggested. Check the Future part of the Request threads.
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Fri May 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Kruell wrote:no RP SEX channels!

You underestimate the power of horny gamers when it comes to finding ways for a couple straight guys to pretend to be lesbians.

I love the idea of being able to sort things by channels. That was my favorite part of the chat system for WoW, I could throw guild chat into its own tab or window, so I didn't have to scroll through a horrifying amount of memes to see my guildies talking about raids, or battle spam to see trade chat.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Backpack

Postby Backpack » Fri May 27, 2016 6:23 pm

Kruell wrote:no RP SEX channels!

Fine, i'll just jerk off in regular chat

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Will be in the new client. Not spending too much time with current.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Fri May 27, 2016 6:54 pm

k, this is day 2 of me knowing about this. Note to Self: READ MORE!
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Thoth

Postby Thoth » Fri May 27, 2016 7:05 pm

No biggie. :P All this stuff has been in discussion since last month and none of us have anything major to do with our time as it is so we are on here and client alot discussing things. All major ideas come through forums ofc and there is a month worth of threads to catch up on. It's not all been really boiled in yet but for every new set of ideas that arise Chawk has made another split in the forums for different sets of topics. And we're still only going through beginning stages...there are some late stage things that we talk about from time to time as possibilities that haven't even made it to forums yet. Lol
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Return to “Archive Chat”