Party pop up window

Folder

Re: Party pop up window

Postby Folder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:47 pm

I know this is old but...

With how healing intensive something like Flame Salamander is this idea is, imo, an absolute necessity. If you want to do a boss like that with 1 priest and no deaths it's quite intense, especially given the current method of healing (spamming /party or somehow trying to see who gets attacked in a sea of scrolling text). Spamming aid on people isn't really viable when there are regular aoe attacks that aren't deadly, you'd just be exhausted when the critical heal is needed.

So long story but yeah, healing is HARD on some of this which is awesome but it's also very awkward and unfriendly.
<Silhouette>

Thi

Postby Thi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 am

Folder wrote:I know this is old but...

With how healing intensive something like Flame Salamander is this idea is, imo, an absolute necessity. If you want to do a boss like that with 1 priest and no deaths it's quite intense, especially given the current method of healing (spamming /party or somehow trying to see who gets attacked in a sea of scrolling text). Spamming aid on people isn't really viable when there are regular aoe attacks that aren't deadly, you'd just be exhausted when the critical heal is needed.

So long story but yeah, healing is HARD on some of this which is awesome but it's also very awkward and unfriendly.

It would be easier if there was a very tiny life bar under each character in party on the right hand side where you see the player list, that could potentially make things easier.

I fully agree with what you said, cause spamming /party and healing is insane on a 10min fight.

Halp Mr NH.
Thi
You can find me online on Lightning.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:11 pm

Too much of a mess to do with old client. After I get some end game stuff going I'll be working on the new client again though.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:53 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Too much of a mess to do with old client. After I get some end game stuff going I'll be working on the new client again though.

For sure, just wanted to bump an old thread to make sure it's on the radar for new client. Ty :D
<Silhouette>

Styx

Postby Styx » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:42 am

I agree with health bars but only if in party , so if opposing group comes they don't know who is weak

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:58 am

Styx wrote:I agree with health bars but only if in party , so if opposing group comes they don't know who is weak

If something liek that gets done for enemies, then no bar. It should be colour co-ordinated bases on the info you get from looking over (health/slight/moderate/severe/critical).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:03 am

I mean, this whole topic is about a PARTY window.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Yeah, you'll never be able to view enemy HP.

Styx

Postby Styx » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:24 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Yeah, you'll never be able to view enemy HP.

Nuuuuu, when I hit a rockfish enough it will say critcal, although I can never kill it lol

Seriously though if you want health bar make it opaque over char name and add red as being hit, no separate bar would be needed and a person's mana would be determined by the player, I don't need to know how much mana you got just if you are almost dead

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:46 pm

This topic wa started for when the new client comes out that when people party up you can have a popular window similar to the vault window but it would be like the party window in revelation: lands of kaldana so that you could easily just click on the player name with a spell clicky to heal them or just click on them to target and press a heal macro to heal them. Having to /party 600 times during a 20 min boss fights is lame. No need to see anyone's hp out of party that's not what this is about. Stay on topic. Lul

Return to “Archive Chat”