Items

Lateralus

Re: Items

Postby Lateralus » Tue May 17, 2016 7:56 am

I added an item set that I think might look a bit more like the rok items set which where slightly pixelized at the time. Anyways if you guys want to check them out they are in the dropbox art folder under "standardized items". There are quite a few and they should be easier to edit / create (for future use) since they are a bit more simple.

There is also a matching skill set of icons that I added that I think would be great for skill icons if they were used (they are in the skills folder).

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue May 17, 2016 8:22 am

I like them, they are pretty nice looking too. Will have to try them out in client directly with a few items sometime soon 8)

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue May 17, 2016 8:29 am

NiteHawk wrote:I like them, they are pretty nice looking too. Will have to try them out in client directly with a few items sometime soon 8)

Good to hear we dont have to use them I just figured they looked a lot more like the old rok items. Also they were simple enough that if they needed editing even someone like me with minor skills could create variations if builders needed certain items. also its a pretty complete set so everything will match and i believe the artist even has a whole other matching set so we really could be set there.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Fri May 27, 2016 4:07 pm

If you remember, for Alura Online we had a tileset background we used for our items. We would take the icons and add an extra layer on top of the background so we had uniformity. You can use a drop shadow effect with certain programs to get the "3d" look some items had. RoK used the same method. You can easily use the same method here and it wouldn't be hard to make all your icons follow a uniform appearance while still keeping them unique to EO.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri May 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Kruell wrote:If you remember, for Alura Online we had a tileset background we used for our items. We would take the icons and add an extra layer on top of the background so we had uniformity. You can use a drop shadow effect with certain programs to get the "3d" look some items had. RoK used the same method. You can easily use the same method here and it wouldn't be hard to make all your icons follow a uniform appearance while still keeping them unique to EO.

EDIT: It wouldn't be bad to add a shadow but since the backgrounds on the items I have are transparent I think it would be best to leave them transparent so they can match any skin a player decides to use.

Since we are on the topic of items if found the rest of the matching set for the ones I added to the build folder. There are about 3000 of them so safe to say we should be set on items and they will all be uniform. They are in an html sheet so I just gotta figure out how to quickly slice them all then save to individual files.
Last edited by Lateralus on Fri May 27, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Lateralus wrote:
Kruell wrote:If you remember, for Alura Online we had a tileset background we used for our items. We would take the icons and add an extra layer on top of the background so we had uniformity. You can use a drop shadow effect with certain programs to get the "3d" look some items had. RoK used the same method. You can easily use the same method here and it wouldn't be hard to make all your icons follow a uniform appearance while still keeping them unique to EO.

I've actually thought about that it wouldn't be hard to batch process that with gimp or ps.

Since we are on the topic of items if found the rest of the matching set for the ones I added to the build folder. There are about 3000 of them so safe to say we should be set on items and they will all be uniform. They are in an html sheet so I just gotta figure out how to quickly slice them all then save to individual files.

Geezus, seems enough haha 8)

Awesome.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue May 31, 2016 12:44 pm

the new items differ a bit. it bugs me a little they dont match but if you guys are fine with it then its cool. here is an example:

http://images.ember-online.com/image.php?di=7HD3

sharped to nonsharped (orange left to right)

http://images.ember-online.com/image.php?di=CKOM

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue May 31, 2016 1:05 pm

I can attempt to fix them so they at least look decent. I think we should use 8)

Man

Postby Man » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:35 am

Imma leave this here, since, like, the Red Dust image is that of a black rock and it's been bugging me...

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Man wrote:Imma leave this here, since, like, the Red Dust image is that of a black rock and it's been bugging me...

YES! :P

Return to “Archive Chat”