Artwork from Alura Online

Kruell

Artwork from Alura Online

Postby Kruell » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:11 pm

First off let me make this clear. I am Cyclops, World Admin for Alura Online, also known as Rayth, former General and Build Admin of Rok. I am the current owner of Alura Online as the brothers quit coding and left it to me. All artwork submitted to Alura Online became the property of the game to be used as the administrators/owners saw fit. I was given unlimited usage rights to the art. You agreed to the terms when you submitted the artwork. If you have a problem with how I am still using your art, it's something you should take up with me.

Yes, Aleveria used Alura Artwork. I gave Mike permission to use the artwork that was released with the last client. That means if you submitted artwork to Alura that made it to the last public client, permission was given to Aleveria to use that very same art.

Yes, Ember Online has some of the same artwork. Permission was granted by me to use ALL artwork released with the last public client from Alura Online. That included the artwork used in Aleveria. I have given Chris permission to use my personal artwork (that which came in the client and other artwork that never appeared in the Alura client) as long as he gives me credit somewhere. Permission to use all other artwork currently being used by Ember Online that once appeared in the Alura art package has been granted with no use restriction.

What does that mean for those who did artwork for Alura Online. Basically it means that by the usage rights you gave me for the artwork you submitted I have allowed another game (or more) to use said artwork. You do still "own" the artwork. That means you can do whatever you want with it now include trying to sell it. However, you can't retract any of the rights you granted to others previously for said art's usage. This means that what you gave away for free then you can't come back now and try to demand compensation for it. It can be modified, edited, disseminated or otherwise used without your further consent once you give unlimited usage rights to someone.

Just so people know the limits of how much of an ass I really am. There are some pieces of artwork that was given to Alura that neither Aleveria nor Ember Online will ever get from me. Some artwork never made the last public client. If your art was part of that batch that never got sent out, then you can expect it to remain locked in an archive somewhere unless you send it out yourself. After I post this I intend to make a webpage about the Alura Online artwork that includes most of the art from the last public client. I will make that artwork available to the public for unrestricted usage. I do this because it pisses me off when people make a mountain out of a mole hill and try to be pricks for no reason. If your ego is so fragile that you are demanding recognition or compensation for a half dozen Terragen images then I feel sorry for you. I won't be making the clan icons, seasonal images, or item files public because quite frankly I don't want to have to deal with indexing and uploading so many small files.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Lateralus

Re: Artwork from Alura Online

Postby Lateralus » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:07 pm

thanks for clearing that up and thanks for being so generous with your work. As you know things are a struggle starting a game up like this so it really really helps what you are doing here.
Last edited by Lateralus on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:17 am

Thanks Rayth for clearing that up. It's much appreciated anyways and I'm grateful that you're allowing us to use it.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:47 pm

Well said Rayth, there are a lot of room pics being used that I had designed for other games, but I could care less, just as long as they are being used and not collecting dust. Makes me happy to see stuff from awhile back that I made, brings back a lot of fun memories from those times. I only wish I still had all my 3D models, completed art, etc... on my hard drive. Because Im pretty sure there was a lot I never got a chance to upload for Aleveria. I ended up deleting all that stuff when I stopped playing muds and started getting heavy into WoW (needed to space on my hard drive lol)

Anyways, Im just jappy the stuff is being used and not going to waste.

Return to “Archive Chat”