What artwork is needed

Silverone

Re: What artwork is needed

Postby Silverone » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:43 pm

I might have a hand drawn mosquito hanging around that I could buff up a bit. If you still need/want one.

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:50 am

I don't look for wye at all has been answered etc

But for characters can the pics be more on head and shoulders cause to much makes the image harder to see, and will be more so after tablets etc

"More of them pointy ears"

Don't know exactly what a Drake would look like but thinking appearance of a dragon?
Last edited by Styx on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:03 am

Styx wrote:... But for characters can the pics be more on head and shoulders cause to much makes the image harder to see, and will be more so after tablets etc ...

What Styx said. I am not so keen on the new images because of this. Better using the same format (head and shoulders). Also more race specifics... but I have already said that earlier in this thread (almost typed fred... wtf... i need more sleep).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Tristan

Postby Tristan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:20 pm

i can do more head and shoulder stuff, and i will work on a pack with about 20 male and 20 female. I prefer the pretty much chest up, as you get to see some of the armor, or clothing work, which takes a bit of time, so it's nice to be shown off a bit. However i have no problem doing head and shoulder shots as well. Just needed to be mentioned! :P

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:01 am

Tristan wrote:i can do more head and shoulder stuff, and i will work on a pack with about 20 male and 20 female. I prefer the pretty much chest up, as you get to see some of the armor, or clothing work, which takes a bit of time, so it's nice to be shown off a bit. However i have no problem doing head and shoulder shots as well. Just needed to be mentioned! :P

Well the head and shoulders thing is my personal opinion, I am sure there are others who will disagree, and maybe some who will agree.
The new pictures are nice, some of them look nice, it is just that all the detail will be lost due to size. I felt the same with some game mods that added portraits, some of the work was nice, but the either didnt fit because they were a diffrent format from the game or because of the same thing here. But as I said, this is my own opinion and as they say "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one".
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Tristan wrote:i can do more head and shoulder stuff, and i will work on a pack with about 20 male and 20 female. I prefer the pretty much chest up, as you get to see some of the armor, or clothing work, which takes a bit of time, so it's nice to be shown off a bit. However i have no problem doing head and shoulder shots as well. Just needed to be mentioned! :P

We'll I'm okay having a bit of both. Some images though go beyond the chest though. The images are very good, but sometimes they can be hard to see.

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:47 pm

I like both! :D
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:36 am

Folder wrote:I like both! :D

How about actually having both... A close up of the new ones?
Coz there are one or two i would use if they were just head/shoulders...

Hmm... Would there be a way to have a drop down menu for the pictures?
Have them split into race specific (suggestion, not a rule maybe?)
The more images added, the more to scroll through.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:17 pm

That would be messy, I don't like having dup images even if its near/far.

Styx

Postby Styx » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:00 am

The idea of race categories sounds good, after going through xxx amount cause a bearded old man just wouldn't look good for a gobby lol

Return to “Archive Chat”