Super Compact Leveling Town

Zilveari

Super Compact Leveling Town

Postby Zilveari » Thu May 05, 2016 11:42 am

I decided to play around with the map builder a bit, and came out with an idea for a super compact leveling town that could be used, and re-used throughout the realm. Like a Rest Stop or something. I went by the idea that something like this would only be a short stayover for someone who wants to jump in an arena to finish off a level while moving, or if the phone rings. Or maybe someone wants to stop off and rest for a few minutes while transporting some expensive unsoulbound item.

It is very small, very compact. With things arranged in a manner that requires the minimum amount of movement. And can easily be extended to the east in order to make room for advanced class trainers, or a housing area, etc.

Here is what I have thus far:

Thoth

Re: Super Compact Leveling Town

Postby Thoth » Thu May 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Not a bad beginning at all. Nice map and I like the compact nature of it. Might just use it for an actual town rather than a rest stop but only because it's not like we are in an oversupply of towns at the moment. It can be the next town after our starter town that Satsujin and Kawasaki are building.

You will actually have it pretty easy for making some of this town because you can do one of two things. You can get together with Satsujin/Kawasaki and copypasta the descriptions for things like the temples or guilds or whatnot or you can come up with your own creative descriptions for things and try your hand at making your town singular to the realms with it's own name and it's own feel. Maybe there is a backstory that made it the small one shot place it is or how the people of this town gathered together to create this home away from the dangers of the realm? Be sure if you are going to do your own creative thing to think about it in respect to Satsujin's history for the world we are in. It isn't significant in how it will impact your story but if we are going to have a world myth it may as well be tied in lightly to the places we generate. I LOVE the map layout. It is reminiscent of that town that used to be northeastish of Duskan and the wastelands near where the vamp wolves were.

If you need any help let me know on Discord (the link is in Gen Discussion I think) or in game client. I try to stay logged both places. I would offer Satsujin's help but he may or may not have his hands full....but I am sure he and myself will always have open arms to light critiques that may help you adapt your area to what we need to make it.

I will be honest...there is alot of work that will need to be done that you don't have filled in just yet but you know where to find us if you are interested in looking into the next steps.

Otherwise nice beginning LLCoolJ. :mrgreen:
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Looks good I like compact.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri May 06, 2016 5:11 am

Though I'd like each city to have there own style. this however could work as a nice outpost city. I like it and think it could work just fine (and probably should be added if someone designs it!)

I think avoiding repetition (I.E: same looking areas) would be good though. I think the realms is more interesting when everythings got a different feel though. But there is no reason why we cant use this 8)

Zilveari

Postby Zilveari » Fri May 06, 2016 7:26 am

Already created a backstory for the town to be used as an actual town, I think we were discussing it being the second town instead of a rest stop.

Return to “Archive Chat”