River Area Thoughts / Bug Reports

Lateralus

River Area Thoughts / Bug Reports

Postby Lateralus » Sat May 21, 2016 8:07 am

I figured it would help to give some feedback on the first area as well as report all the bugs I found so things could be fixed easily.

Bugs/Typos:

Room 163 says you can go in all directions but you cannot go west

Balance thoughts:

Bullfrogs hit pretty hard for a level 7 (im facing them as a level 7 with no div) I dont think i could beat i not hitting and running.
this was the first monster I came across usually level 1s will be venturing out here so im thinking a lower level monster should have first placement in the area instead of a beefed up level 7. (that or lower their level and power)

Mosquito wasnt too hard to take out at level 7 but still pretty dodgy and hit a lot (I have 23 agility so thats saying something). it attacked fast which I like and damage felt right when it did hit. as a beginner monster i guess id just like for its hit and dodge agility to be dropped a tiny bit since not everyone is going to have 23 some agility and they will get owned. (again it would be nice for players to see a level 3 monster max at first instead of a level 5).

Snake seems pretty balanced for a level 6 1v1 it wasnt too bad but more than 1 wouldnt be possible. again maybe a slight decrease in damage. (wouldnt mind seeing a more descriptive name since there are lots of types of snakes)

Frog also seemed balanced for their level but again wouldnt mind seeing a more descriptive name since there are a lot of types of frogs.

Black caiman (has typo in name description "his skin is so dark it???s almost black) im guessing its an unhandled ' text files dont like them.

TLDR: Overall the area seems nice and fun but if this is the first are a player is going to see odds are they are going to be around level 1 not everyone is going to know to go right to the arena and they shouldn't have to. I suggest revamping the monsters here to levels 1-5 rather than having them 5-8 or whatever they are. also maybe adding a few more drops to spice things up (players love loot!). Another option would be to maybe add a little buffer area first before players see this one since its a bit high level.

EDIT: I will keep updating as I go.
Last edited by Lateralus on Sat May 21, 2016 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kawasaki

Re: River Area Thoughts / Bug Reports

Postby Kawasaki » Sat May 21, 2016 8:18 am

/n shows room number.

Thoth

Postby Thoth » Sat May 21, 2016 8:23 am

Lateralus wrote:Bugs/Typos:

bottom left square of Journeyman's Roads says you can go in all directions but you cannot go west

Room 163
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat May 21, 2016 8:45 am

thanks edited my post as well with more feedback.

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Sat May 21, 2016 9:34 am

I feel as though mosquitoes should attack for less damage but attack faster, it seems like they are always buzzing around annoying you and they are really hard to hit.I was hoping that I could create them like that into the game but I wasn't sure about values :)

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat May 21, 2016 11:13 am

Kawasaki wrote:I feel as though mosquitoes should attack for less damage but attack faster, it seems like they are always buzzing around annoying you and they are really hard to hit.I was hoping that I could create them like that into the game but I wasn't sure about values :)

Think that sounds like a good plan.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat May 21, 2016 11:47 am

Kawasaki wrote:I feel as though mosquitoes should attack for less damage but attack faster, it seems like they are always buzzing around annoying you and they are really hard to hit.I was hoping that I could create them like that into the game but I wasn't sure about values :)

They already do. Double speed, half damage. Harder to hit though.

We can lower them a bit to different levels, but your HP goes up pretty quickly it makes it real hard to initial balance the first few levels. I don't think it should be for level 1's though. We need a way to direct or teach newbies to arena for one or two levels, minimum.

Bullfrogs are the highest level in here, they are beefed up frogs (+50hp, 1-2+ on all stats).

Yeah they do hit pretty hard, they are more geared towards 5-8 ish.

Return to “Archive Chat”