Ghostship/Pirate Cave/Jungle maze

Rigs

Ghostship/Pirate Cave/Jungle maze

Postby Rigs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:20 pm

I started building a new OAD area a couple months back and never finished, I'll post it here if anyone want to resume working on it.

I was thinking the west road out a wiken would be a good connecting point.

The top left notes were mostly for myself to keep track of what's what. The road opens from the east, passing an unfinished jungle maze and eventually turning into a beach. From the beach the wrecked ship is to the west, and a Lighthouse is to the north. The beach also houses a cave that requires a treasure map to open.

Jungle: Maze of dead ends with a miniboss that can warp between dead ends at milestone hitpoints. Each dead end is a shrine and requires the party leader to have a stack of items in his inventory to open it. The item stacks can be farmed from individual monsters throughout the jungle. The miniboss would drop low tier OADs and a key for the Jungle Boss.

Beach: Random monsters sprinkled around, maybe a crab miniboss.

Lighthouse: Easy access OAD (perhaps requiring climbing gear). A bell rings when this guy spawns. He drops a key-item to reach the ship as well as a rare-drop Ring of Light, which is a permanent torch. Because rings are a hot topic of discussion, a 3% chance to blind your enemy on a successful attack would be a neat addition.

Ship:
F1: The ship is accessible permanently after opening it, until server restart. Each tan outlined square would be a miniboss room with a giant tentacle. Each tentacle would drop a key item which is redeemable at the small shop for 1 cargo key to get to the lower hold (this allows for opposing groups to get keys and fight for the boss).
Also on the first floor is the captain's cabin, and an entrance to the crows nest on F: +1. The captain would Rarely drop a cutlass (-.5 on void blade) and a treasure map.
F+1 (crow's nest): A miniboss and "adds". The miniboss moves around rooms randomly and any adds must be killed in order to move to another room.
F-1 (cargo hold): Assorted monsters, the dark water squares are trap rooms, the light water squares have adds that must be killed. The "ladder room" at the end up the hold goes up to the Kraken boss. Drops: Wavebreaker Shield, Kraken's Call (instrument), Kraken's Skins (light or med armor).
Attachments
goldcoast.png
goldcoast.png (110.35 KiB) Viewed 4150 times

JadeFalcon

Re: Ghostship/Pirate Cave/Jungle maze

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:47 am

O.o What software did you use??
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:41 pm

You can download a map editor JF, it's right on forums here.

Dig the idea you got going on here :). Map is a bit blocky but the gist of the area is cool.
Last edited by Folder on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Silhouette>

Rigs

Postby Rigs » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:58 pm

Folder wrote:You can download a map editor JF, it's right on forums here.

Dig the idea you got going on her :). Map is a bit blocky but the gist of the area is cool.

The blockiness was mainly to keep the area to a manageable size within the editor, it probably needs to be a little spaced out.
However, I'm not a big fan of long narrow areas either. I'd specifically like the jungle to be modelled similar to the northern rock plateau.

Return to “Archive Chat”