The Journey Road Remapped.

Kenichi

The Journey Road Remapped.

Postby Kenichi » Sat May 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Just a suggestion out there, i suggest map changes to an area, as of right now is just a stretch of BLOCKS going one direction....As for any other area that goes into the game should follow some kinda of randomize yet visual appealing lol.....

From Blockie:

ss+(2016-05-21+at+06.05.55).png
ss+(2016-05-21+at+06.05.55).png (15.74 KiB) Viewed 7438 times

Randomize area....

JOURNEMAP.png
JOURNEMAP.png (39.38 KiB) Viewed 7438 times

Not saying that should be the final map, becuase i just did that random maybe make a special kind of paths with different entries and exits

Lateralus

Re: The Journey Road Remapped.

Postby Lateralus » Sat May 21, 2016 6:51 pm

I agree it is very straight forward and considering its the very first representation of the game new players are going to see I wouldnt mind seeing it very polished and well done.

That said the area was meant to be a place to test monsters and the first few levels so I think it works for now I dont see a reason to put other build effort into changing it when new stuff could be worked on. I assume future areas will have a bit more depth as the game gets rolling. I think as more features get added to build and what not the whole area including monsters, item drops, searches etc will have a lot more depth.

Thoth

Postby Thoth » Sat May 21, 2016 8:49 pm

Kenichi wrote:Just a suggestion out there, i suggest map changes to an area, as of right now is just a stretch of BLOCKS going one direction....As for any other area that goes into the game should follow some kinda of randomize yet visual appealing lol.....

From Blockie:

Randomize area....

JOURNEMAP.png

Not saying that should be the final map, becuase i just did that random maybe make a special kind of paths with different entries and exits

I was speaking with Kawasaki and he was looking at he chance to revise the area the rest of the way from where it began. It began as someone else's map who just didn't have the time and he took over....long story short do you mind if he steals that map and reworks it a bit? I told him I will work it with him to try to get a revision done so he isn't re-re-redoing someone's work alone. :mrgreen:
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Dorgon

Postby Dorgon » Sat May 21, 2016 10:57 pm

Thoth wrote:
Kenichi wrote:Just a suggestion out there, i suggest map changes to an area, as of right now is just a stretch of BLOCKS going one direction....As for any other area that goes into the game should follow some kinda of randomize yet visual appealing lol.....

From Blockie:

Randomize area....

JOURNEMAP.png

I was speaking with Kawasaki and he was looking at he chance to revise the area the rest of the way from where it began. It began as someone else's map who just didn't have the time and he took over....long story short do you mind if he steals that map and reworks it a bit? I told him I will work it with him to try to get a revision done so he isn't re-re-redoing someone's work alone. :mrgreen:

It was my map and I'm sorry I don't have the time to finish it. Letting Byr help Kawa sounds great.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun May 22, 2016 3:30 am

I agree with what was said here. I think it's okay to have 3x3 areas here and there but a whole road is too big and clunky I think. It would be great if it was revised to how roads/leveling areas were in ROK.

Even the vale map, though it was a large squarey area, didn't allow you to go in all directions/etc.

I think the water areas or path should probably require a boat or ticket or something though too but we'll see about it. But yeah, roads should be pretty straightforward but should have extra paths. Leveling areas can be more condensed but should't really be large squares of areas. (Think of ruins, mines, etc. Just because a road is a road, doesn't mean it can't be an leveling area with a couple dead ends too.

If you look at what DS did, you can see what he's going after. You have a generic road, that will be 'generally' more clear of mobs, but still have some here and there. The forest, which will probably be more of an level area (or could be a shortcut.) and the river you guys wanted.

I think evans area is okay though, as it's more of a leveling area I believe. But with two squares added you can make it less cluttered on the minimap. Simply add the two red:

Work2.png
Work2.png (13.71 KiB) Viewed 7404 times

I did remove one line and extended another (moved it by one), but I think it generally is fine and I think Evan has the concept. Dorgon I think you are fine for writing/etc, just need to plot out better. Maybe all maps can be posted here or on the wiki first for a quick look before the creation is made 8)

Please note this is not to attack anyone, I think having critiques is part of all games. Even I go through it with the things I add 8)

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Sun May 22, 2016 9:31 am

I am on my phone right now so I don't have the image but byr and I were working on revamping this last night. Once I get on my computer I will add the image.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Sun May 22, 2016 9:37 am

Yeah, blocky maps is a consistent issue with me, whoops. I'll remap and rebuild it soon.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Sun May 22, 2016 10:06 am

Here is the map we started on, this will connect to all 4 areas that are currently in progress, Roadside Rest, Grotesque Garden, Turenyara, and Canopia.
Attachments
riverroad.png
riverroad.png (48.71 KiB) Viewed 7394 times

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun May 22, 2016 10:19 am

Kawasaki wrote:Here is the map we started on, this will connect to all 4 areas that are currently in progress, Roadside Rest, Grotesque Garden, Turenyara, and Canopia.

I still think it's a bit cluttered in the forest area, but its alot better. Maybe try increasing the width of the road. It doesn't mean you have to add 'more' forest to compensate for it being larger, but you'll have more room to play with. (Though I guess the road itself would be a little longer). That or maybe some forest squares could be sorted it a little bit.

thirdchris

Postby thirdchris » Sun May 22, 2016 11:19 am

Looks like the road from Mordu to the caves to me.

Return to “Archive Chat”