Honeywood Bog

Rodeo

Honeywood Bog

Postby Rodeo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:49 pm

I mapped out a small bog and a oad area. Not really sure what else I need to do before it's game ready the boss drops a weapon and a piece of armor. Do I need to send it to you via Dropbox?

Thoth

Re: Honeywood Bog

Postby Thoth » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:10 pm

Look at Satsujin's OAD. Develop 4 or so monsters of varying degrees of level within an average. Develop look over sayings and descriptions. Maybe develop a store or something to go with it and items for the store. Write descriptions for each item and titles. Things of that nature basically. Then post it all here. Map too.
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:27 pm

On it bawse. Thanks.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Honey Wood Bog ( level 20-22)?

Bog Wolf: Once tame and used for hunting and tracking other game in the wetlands, this wolf now travels and attacks alone.
Say on Look: Grrr……Hooooowl!!

Bog Panther: Staying deep in the depths of the bog in the cover of the honey wood trees it only comes out to feed.
Say on Look: Meow?! Hisss!!!!

Water Sprite: Protectors of the water they stand guard over them from being corrupted by evil, typically harmless unless threatened. (Drops Life Water) Mid-level healing potion.
Say on Look: Stay awhile and have a drink. 

Hive (level 20-22)?
Bumble Bee: This massive bee stands at least 2 feet tall and hovers slightly off the ground as it guards its part of the hive. (2 spawn locations both drop keys)
Say on Look: Buzz
Carpenter Bee: Slightly more human looking than anything you have came across before this bee has a hammer in one hand and slab of lumber in the other. (2 spawn locations both key drops)
Say on Look: Buzz….If we build it they will come.
Undead Drone: Strange runes all over its decaying body this bee looks to be more elf than bee. (2 spawn locations both key drops)
Say on look: Our queen will deal with you!!!
Queen Bee(Mirad): A tall and beautiful elf, once cursed to roam the bog by a drow warlock she now tempts weary travelers into her hive with her pheromones.
Say on look: How can you NOT love me?!? DIE!!!
Drops Honey wood staff and wax shield.( mstaff and clam shell equiv?)

Honey Wood Bog.png
Honey Wood Bog
Honey Wood Bog.png (54.13 KiB) Viewed 7298 times

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:13 pm

I haven't tried making very many things like this so any and all input and suggestion or altercations are welcome. :oops:

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:47 pm

The descriptions could use a little polishing here and there, but overall good job Wayne.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Dorgon

Postby Dorgon » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Agreed. Your grammar and punctuation need help, but otherwise good job.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Rodeo wrote:Honey Wood Bog ( level 20-22)?

Bog Wolf: Once tame and used for hunting and tracking other game in the wetlands, this wolf now travels and attacks alone.
Say on Look: Grrr……Hooooowl!!

Bog Panther: Staying deep in the depths of the bog in the cover of the honey wood trees it only comes out to feed.
Say on Look: Meow?! Hisss!!!!

Water Sprite: Protectors of the water they stand guard over them from being corrupted by evil, typically harmless unless threatened. (Drops Life Water) Mid-level healing potion.
Say on Look: Stay awhile and have a drink. 

Hive (level 20-22)?
Bumble Bee: This massive bee stands at least 2 feet tall and hovers slightly off the ground as it guards its part of the hive. (2 spawn locations both drop keys)
Say on Look: Buzz
Carpenter Bee: Slightly more human looking than anything you have came across before this bee has a hammer in one hand and slab of lumber in the other. (2 spawn locations both key drops)
Say on Look: Buzz….If we build it they will come.
Undead Drone: Strange runes all over its decaying body this bee looks to be more elf than bee. (2 spawn locations both key drops)
Say on look: Our queen will deal with you!!!
Queen Bee(Mirad): A tall and beautiful elf, once cursed to roam the bog by a drow warlock she now tempts weary travelers into her hive with her pheromones.
Say on look: How can you NOT love me?!? DIE!!!
Drops Honey wood staff and wax shield.( mstaff and clam shell equiv?)

Honey Wood Bog.png

We need to actually look into the AC values and what everything should be. Though you're aiming for mid tier items at 20-22 which seems OK to me.

Your writing needs to be abit more. I'm sure someone can modify it if you aren't good at that sort of stuff or it was just an initial draft or whatnot. It at least gets the point to what it is and how it should work out. Map seems good and clean. Easy to follow and decent to do.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:30 am

Yea writing is not my strong suit I b have alway been the type of a man to build things with my hands. I like the flow of oads and areas just need someone to help me with writing descriptions ect.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:00 am

That's fine 8) I can't write either. We maybe should have a standard for when things need of be re written . I.e put a (rewrite) in front of the desc etc if we don't get to it before adding

Return to “Archive Chat”