City/Continent names

Kawasaki

City/Continent names

Postby Kawasaki » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:29 am

I have tried to come up with a few city names that we could use as well as trying to come up with a name for the continent. So far I have Fairlyn, Stonemeadow, Newmoor, Fallden, Oakmere, Westerlight, Seamoor, and Woodbourne for the cities. I also have Acendasa, Galiassi, Trililith, Jurin and Miralidith for the continent or possibly regions on the continent.

Dorgon

Re: City/Continent names

Postby Dorgon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:44 am

Kawasaki wrote:I have tried to come up with a few city names that we could use as well as trying to come up with a name for the continent. So far I have Fairlyn, Stonemeadow, Newmoor, Fallden, Oakmere, Westerlight, Seamoor, and Woodbourne for the cities. I also have Acendasa, Galiassi, Trililith, Jurin and Miralidith for the continent or possibly regions on the continent.

What would you think of as the starter town? Since we are going post-apocalyptic apparently I think it should be bare bones. Terra was a beautiful city with beautiful streets and such. Our starter should offer just the necessities and be kind of the opposite if terra.

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:57 am

Well, it somewhat depends where on the map we would be putting it, I know we were thinking of starting near the ocean on the left side of the map so maybe we could go with Seamoor if it's a port city or Oakmere if the city is in a heavily wooded area?

Dorgon

Postby Dorgon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:32 pm

I'm new to all if this, but as a gamer it would be cool to start by the sea. It gives options on where you go to level. You can make a low leveling area by the sea and another that goes inland. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:44 pm

I agree with near the sea, I mean you can go level at the beach, or the woods nearby, maybe have a boat where you can go out and level a few squares off the beach. it also opens up the chance to have an island offshore for a low level OAD or quest chain. I just wanna see what other people think about these ideas, they are all up for debate and I am not horribly attached to any of them

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:53 pm

This post has beautifully circled back to a description of Terra. :geek:
Last edited by Ghost on Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:33 pm

Dorgon wrote:going post-apocalyptic apparently I think it should be bare bones. Terra was a beautiful city with beautiful streets and such. Our starter should offer just the necessities and be kind of the opposite if terra.

Syndar is the one that suffered the apocalypse, not the new world that EO takes place on. Aside from the very few places where the destruction bleeds through, the world we have is no more or less damaged than any other fantasy related setting, so there's no reason the starter town has to be an opposite version of Terra, it can be whatever it wants to be (including a run-down dump if that's what everyone likes).
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Satsujin wrote:
Dorgon wrote:going post-apocalyptic apparently I think it should be bare bones. Terra was a beautiful city with beautiful streets and such. Our starter should offer just the necessities and be kind of the opposite if terra.

Syndar is the one that suffered the apocalypse, not the new world that EO takes place on. Aside from the very few places where the destruction bleeds through, the world we have is no more or less damaged than any other fantasy related setting, so there's no reason the starter town has to be an opposite version of Terra, it can be whatever it wants to be (including a run-down dump if that's what everyone likes).

Yea I think that back story works as well as opens it up to builders so not everything thing has to be ruins

Dorgon

Postby Dorgon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:44 pm

Not ruins but not as grand I guess is what I was getting at.

Dorgon

Postby Dorgon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:39 pm

I wasn't thinking Terra necessarily. But flying fish were cool... Ok so that's a lie. Lol I guess it does sum it up though.

Return to “Archive Chat”