Map Designer Usage

Kruell

Map Designer Usage

Postby Kruell » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm having trouble with the Map Designer with adding a "ladder" to a map. Whenever I draw out a map and I try to use ~ to add a ladder, it applies a "class guild" tile over the square. It overlays a different tile depending on what the primary map tile is. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the instructions or am simply being dense, but I can't get it to apply a simple ladder marker to a multi-layered map.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled in case of corruption. I'm using Windows 7 with the latest updates and the correct Framework. Anyone using the program had this issue or can tell me what I'm doing wrong?
If you look like prey you will be eaten

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Map Designer Usage

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:11 pm

Kruell wrote:I'm having trouble with the Map Designer with adding a "ladder" to a map. Whenever I draw out a map and I try to use ~ to add a ladder, it applies a "class guild" tile over the square. It overlays a different tile depending on what the primary map tile is. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the instructions or am simply being dense, but I can't get it to apply a simple ladder marker to a multi-layered map.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled in case of corruption. I'm using Windows 7 with the latest updates and the correct Framework. Anyone using the program had this issue or can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Could be the icon set (Kawa made them). He might of made a mistake. Try changing the icon set to another and testing it, let me know. I probably can't edit this until I'm back from vacation though.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:37 pm

wow.. changed icon sets (default) and when I tried to go down a map level the whole program errored out.

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: image
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at MapEditor.frmMain.frmMain_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Map Designer
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mud%20Map%20Designer/Map%20Designer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8686 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

I've got .Net Framework 4.6 installed but I'm going to reinstall 4.6 (I think the newest). If this doesn't fix it I'll install it on another computer and also enable debugging on this one. I have to think its some deficiency on this system since others seem not to have a problem.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:31 am

Try with a new map possibly. It is probably likely to be due to the icons not having a default if the number is higher. I.E. Our icons have double the amount, Kaos or Default icons maybe have 35 icons max (not including ladders). So changing the map will probably error and will have to be fixed anyways when I'm back later on.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:52 pm

I tried changing map and using alternate icons. When I would switch to another set and try to create a new map, I would get the same error. I installed the previous version of the program though and it ran fine. Loading any maps would also crash the mapper, sometimes forcing a tileset change right before the error message came up. Should be a simple fix

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:46 pm

I lost a whole map because I tried to switch between different tile sets and got that same error. Now I save my work periodically, lesson learned lol :roll:

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:32 am

Cerebrus wrote:I lost a whole map because I tried to switch between different tile sets and got that same error. Now I save my work periodically, lesson learned lol :roll:

Can you guys attach a map that does this? I might be able to solve it while I'm here.

Aieron

Postby Aieron » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:12 am

I just tried opening a map I made the other day, but it says the file doesn't exist despite it being an option when looking at files to open. I looked at the folder it was saved to, and it is in fact empty, so the program may not be saving properly?

Anyone had this issue?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:10 am

Aieron wrote:I just tried opening a map I made the other day, but it says the file doesn't exist despite it being an option when looking at files to open. I looked at the folder it was saved to, and it is in fact empty, so the program may not be saving properly?

Anyone had this issue?

I have not had this issue, haven't seen something like this ever happen though. If the file didn't save, it would of errored and screamed at you though, so I'm not really sure. The programs been around for a few years now but I haven't had anyone complain about a bad save, unless it's the same issue that's crashing the editor, which i can't get to until I'm home

You might wanna make sure it can write where it saves. Again, it should save in documents area in stead because most programs can't write in the Program Files area either. I'll eventually address this though cause I think it saves where the EXE is by default unless specified., which could cause problems.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:52 am

Yeah, it tries to save to Programs by default, but it'll error if it can't save in my experience. Never had it not save at all without producing an error window though, that's weird.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Return to “Archive Chat”