Treant Hierarch

Kruell

Treant Hierarch

Postby Kruell » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:31 pm

Please Choose a Request Type: I found a typo or grammar error.

A imp attacks a treant hierarch with its claws, but its shield deflects most of the blow for 5 points of damage!

Can we have the shield removed from the walking tree? It just doesn't seem to fit the visuals.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Elvis

Re: Treant Hierarch

Postby Elvis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:32 pm

I agree that it doesn't fit. Will talk to rest of build staff and NH.
Elvis! The one and Only KING! P.S - Remember that!

Eld

Postby Eld » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:30 pm

Cheers for this, you spurred us to look at what other monsters have shields that don't fit.
We're adjusting about a dozen other monsters too.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:48 pm

alot of these ingame lol
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:35 pm

To be fair... when that area was built certain things were not clear to everyone. There are two armor values for monsters "Armor" and "Shield". Some thought that the two totals worked together to give a single total. It wasn't until after Canopia was built that it was made clear that Armor took precedence and decided the hit. After that calculation took place the shield value was used for deflection purposes. (Or something like that, it's been a while so my memory might be wonky) So that shield wielding tree wasn't the builder's fault. It was just a quirky remnant from the early days of code evolution.

If it's still a problem with other monsters then get Chris to explain the way the code orders actions. Nothing should have a shield value unless it actually has a shield. This is something VERY easy to make a mistake on. Thanks for looking at it.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:49 pm

yeah some monsters you can tell the deflection rate is very random. raiders for instance have shields but you dont even notice on 7 out of 8. but that 8th one seems to deflect 2 out of 3 attacks because i guess the randomness gives them some huge shield lol.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

Return to “Resolved”