Quest #674 Demonic Protection.

daedroth

Quest #674 Demonic Protection.

Postby daedroth » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:31 am

Does this quest still give a pre-bound light/heavy helm?
It seems strange to me that every other quest item you get comes sb'd but not bound, while this one comes sb'd and bound to the quest completer. Could it be changed so that it comes sb'd but not bound?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Quest #674 Demonic Protection.

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:16 pm

daedroth wrote:Does this quest still give a pre-bound light/heavy helm?
It seems strange to me that every other quest item you get comes sb'd but not bound, while this one comes sb'd and bound to the quest completer. Could it be changed so that it comes sb'd but not bound?

To be honest, all quest items should be bound to the completer I would think.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:36 pm

NiteHawk wrote:

I could agree with that as long as the quest offers more rewards.

For instance the Skull Helm/Skull Cap quest in Wiken is only usable by specific classes. Doing this on a monk would be pointless.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:00 am

NiteHawk wrote:

Oh boy, it will be funny if that gets done :D
This thinking was one of the reasons I pondered so long about posting this (I kinda like passing the rewards to alts).
I believe there is an alternative gold reward added to all quests anyway.
This will mean some more quests I wont bother doing.

However either way I am not bothered, and it sure does make sense to me. Ah well, I have my music turned up loud... I am ready.
:popcorn:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:57 am

I agree with them all being bound but maybe not until we have an examine option for the items otherwise it can be confusing. a conformation would be nice too. (we already have tons of people messing up on the demonic quest)

gold only option really isn't needed since if created correctly items sell back value should be equal to the set quest value.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:10 am

Lateralus wrote:I agree with them all being bound but maybe not until we have an examine option for the items otherwise it can be confusing. a conformation would be nice too. (we already have tons of people messing up on the demonic quest)

gold only option really isn't needed since if created correctly items sell back value should be equal to the set quest value.

Well items sell for roughly 50%... so gold should be a bit more than what it would sell for no?
You get told roughly what the item is, just no stats (would be good to know the stats before taking, but meh).
Confirmation needed for sure (esp. one that has a class check to tell you - "your class cannot use this item".
Also just found out it is only a choice of two helms, no gold option.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:16 pm

What I'm saying is the system we use to somewhat balance quest rewards is a value and exp scale for the quest depending on what level it is.

For example if you are doing a level 20 quest you might get 2000 gold in rewards. This could be just 2000 gold or it could be say 10 potions that sell for 1000 gold and 1000 gold (equaling 2000 gold).

So what I'm saying is if done right according to this system those helmets should sell for the same gold amount as you would be getting as your reward.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Resssurecting this. I still think there should be confirmation on what quest reward you want from any quest that has a choice. The amount of times ive clicked twice in error...
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:03 am

This will be a more simple solution after more oads are put into the game. You can choose to do the heavy helm level 20 oad, or finish the quest.

Return to “Archive Chat”