Day Night Feature

Lateralus

Day Night Feature

Postby Lateralus » Mon May 16, 2016 11:01 pm

As of now I believe the room image just changes from a day to a different night pic at a certain time but what if instead it just used the same day pic and changed the hue / lightness by code slowly for a few hours until it was fully night.

This would lower the room images folder by a ton if the images hue was just done by code rather than actually having two pics and on top of that we could slowly adjust it for a few hours so it was more realistic as well?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Day Night Feature

Postby NiteHawk » Tue May 17, 2016 5:36 am

Lateralus wrote:As of now I believe the room image just changes from a day to a different night pic at a certain time but what if instead it just used the same day pic and changed the hue / lightness by code slowly for a few hours until it was fully night.

This would lower the room images folder by a ton if the images hue was just done by code rather than actually having two pics and on top of that we could slowly adjust it for a few hours so it was more realistic as well?

It could be yeah, but day/night with just a hue change might look weird. I think another issue would be you're asking the client to pretty much process images on the go. The better idea would be for it to render and save the image once and just use the rendered version rather then rendering on the fly to save on CPU and speed. I would think if you had a mid/low end computer you will probably feel it slightly but enough to feel like its lagging a little.

I like the idea though, we'd have to hand pick images though too if we actually do something like this. Images with a 'sun' visible doesn't work. I know I see a couple of them that Kawa made but the sun at night time is odd obviously, but he also has alot of good pictures too.

Sicx

Re: Day Night Feature

Postby Sicx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:24 am

The necromancer strikes again. I would like to +1 this. It goes with another idea of mine.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Return to “Archive Chat”