Weapon Drops/Quest rewards: Whats lacking?

daedroth

Weapon Drops/Quest rewards: Whats lacking?

Postby daedroth » Thu May 18, 2017 4:36 am

Lets start a thread on what kind of item drops and quests are available (going by the items I know off) to see what is lacking. This is sorta for builders I guess (although works as a handy reference to see what is available for your alt):

Legend:
normal drop = from some beasty (if the item doesnt have brackets with writing in it, it is a normal drop)
quest = quest reward
mboss = mini boss
boss = boss
oad = oad beasty

Blunts (this one would have been quicker to write if my old order was kept in the wiki, pfeh):
Lvl 1: 2 item (1 normal drop): 1 quest): Oak hammer, Heavy Hammer (quest)
Lvl 8; 1 item (1 normal drop): Foremans hammer
Lvl15: 1 item (1 boss): Stalight Spade (from a boss)
Lvl 20: 5 items (2 normal drop, 1 quest, 2 boss): Bone Club, Defiled Warmace (Quest): Mining Pick, Maul of Wrecking (boss): Beastslayer (boss)
Lvl25: 2 items (1 normal drop, 1 oad): Dread Maul, War Scrourge (oad)

Bows:
Lvl 1: 1 item (1 quest): Improved Short Bow (quest)
lvl 8: 1 item (1 quest) Treant Branch Bow (quest)
lvl 15: 0 items
lvl 20: 3 items (2 normal drops, 1 quest): Valkyrie bow (quest): bone bow, infantry bow
lvl 25: 2 items (1 oad, 1 mboss): Magma Bone Bow (oad): Astral Bow (mboss)

Daggers (another one that would have been quicker to write if my old order was kept in the wiki):
anyone remember what level onyx stinger is?
lvl1: 3 items (2 normal drop, 1 quest): sharp dagger (quest): rusty dagger, pointy stinger
lvl8: 0 items
lvl15: 1 item (1 normal drop): bandit blade (also shop bought)
lvl20: 6 items (3 normal drops, 1mboss/boss, 2 boss): mithril dagger (also shop bought) king stinger, bone dagger, raiders edge (mboss/boss): emerald knife (boss): glowing emerald knife (boss)
lvl25: 2 items (1normal drop, 1 mboss): dreadfang, furnace prodder (mboss)

Fist weapons (could easy have more creatures drop these - could also add to shops, since there are none buyable):
lvl 1: 1 item (1mboss): Vulkrow claws (mboss, they are level 1 right? been a while since I saw one)
lvl15: 0 items
lvl20: 4 items (3 normal drops, 1 quest): bone claws, eagle talons, tainted claws, razor fist (quest)

Staff weapons:
lvl1: 1 item (1 quest): thick staff (quest)
lvl8: 3 items (1 normal drop, 2mboss): long staff, wicked staff (mboss): elder staff (mboss)
lvl20: 3 items (3 normal drops): mithril staff (also shop bought): bladed staff, bone staff
lvl25: 2 items (1 normal drop, 1 boss): void staff, mana crozier (boss)

Monk Weapons (could be added to shops - only 1 lvl 20 in shop so far):
lvl 1: 0 items
lvl 8: 0 items
lvl 15: 1 item (1 mboss): ivory nunchakus (mboss)
lvl20: 0 items
lvl25 0 items

sword weapon:
lvl1: 2 items (1 normal drop, 1 quest): oak sword, improved short sword (quest)
lvl8: 2 items (1 normal drop, 1 mboss): forestry axe, commanders blade (mboss)
lvl15:1 item (1 normal drop): feral war blade
lvl20: 5 items (2 normal drops, 1 quest, 1mboss, 1boss): mithril double axe, blood saber (quest): stone saber (boss): shadow sword, raiders plight (mboss)
lvl25: 4 items (1 normal drop, 2 boss, 1 oad): slave workers sword, green mana axe (boss): red mana axe (boss): void sword (oad)

2-handed weapons (excluding bows off course, there is only a lvl 15 shop bought):
lvl1: 0 items
lvl20: 1 item (normal drop): ethereal flamberge (is the name still typod?: "flamberg")
lvl25: 1 items (boss): spectral scythe (boss)

Instruments (drops could easily be added to most humanoid enemies - might be a hobby):
lvl1: 0 items (not much point at this level anyway)
lvl20: 1 item (normal drop, but in a oad area): magma conch
lvl25: 1 item (oad): Drums of Waltdorf (oad)?

Wall of text! Eeeek!
I will do Armour later, this has already taken several willpower checks to complete.

PS. if you want to add items I have missed, feel free, I will edit my post to include them.
Last edited by daedroth on Thu May 18, 2017 10:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Re: Weapon Drops/Quest rewards: Whats lacking?

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 am

This is mostly all on the wiki.

Eld

Postby Eld » Thu May 18, 2017 9:07 am

I think it's also important to note how difficult certain items are to get, and making sure we have more easily obtainable alternatives.

i. e. at the moment it's difficult for a newb to get lvl 15 blunt or monk weps of a decent standard.

I think the idea is to increase the drop rate of items under lvl 20 so newbies aren't struggling to get the equipment they need before they're ready for the next tier of equipment, i think this is already in the works.

However it'd be good to know for example Badger Hood is a common drop, turtle shell and dread maul are uncommon, void blade is a rare drop, etc.

I also feel leaving off storeboughts off of this list is a mistake as that can fill important gaps without inflating the world with too many new areas.

I did rearrange some of the wiki equipment by Lvl req then AD level as this is what most people would be interested in, but i didn't have time to do it all.
I also feel we need to comment on how rare the drops are on the wiki so someone doesn't accidentally try and farm something with a 0.01% drop rate when they only need it for a level or two.

I feel if the wiki is in this format it'll be better to work directly from there to see where the gaps in equipment are (assuming the incorrect values get updated)

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu May 18, 2017 9:10 am

Lateralus wrote:This is mostly all on the wiki.

I know, I put most of it there.
I am trying to show where there may be a deficit with regards to drops. For example Instruments and 2-handed weapons. With this being shown builders can design oads/monsters with this in mind.
Last edited by daedroth on Thu May 18, 2017 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 18, 2017 9:11 am

Eld wrote:I think it's also important to note how difficult certain items are to get, and making sure we have more easily obtainable alternatives.

i. e. at the moment it's difficult for a newb to get lvl 15 blunt or monk weps of a decent standard.

I think the idea is to increase the drop rate of items under lvl 20 so newbies aren't struggling to get the equipment they need before they're ready for the next tier of equipment, i think this is already in the works.

I also feel leaving off storeboughts off of this list is a mistake as that can fill important gaps without inflating the world with too many new areas.

I did rearrange some of the wiki equipment by Lvl req then AD level as this is what most people would be interested in, but i didn't have time to do it all.
I also feel we need to comment on how rare the drops are on the wiki so someone doesn't accidentally try and farm something with a 0.01% drop rate when they only need it for a level or two.

I feel if the wiki is in this format it'll be better to work directly from there to see where the gaps in equipment are (assuming the incorrect values get updated)

When doing the ember updates most level 20 and under npcs had their drops upped. We should all see this once the update goes in.

I think soon we will have a /research function to look at npcs and see their drop rates but even until then I'm sure it would be fine to get numbers for the level 20 and below stuff and post it up there seemed like nitehawk was pretty ok with it but I'd ask again to be sure.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu May 18, 2017 9:28 am

Eld wrote:I think it's also important to note how difficult certain items are to get, and making sure we have more easily obtainable alternatives.

However it'd be good to know for example Badger Hood is a common drop, turtle shell and dread maul are uncommon, void blade is a rare drop, etc.

From the wiki New Player Guide:
Do not rely on creature drops to provide your equipment! You may find that by the time the item drops, you are past the level anyway and now a shop bought is better. It is best to combine farming with levelling; if the item has not dropped before it is time to move on, just move on and buy a shop bought.

Eld wrote:I also feel leaving off storeboughts off of this list is a mistake as that can fill important gaps without inflating the world with too many new areas.

Did not see the point. Apart from where I mentioned there were shop deficiencies I don't think there is a need to put them in. This is more aimed at showing the things that drop/quest rewards. The builders of the cities will add what they want to the stores.

Eld wrote:I did rearrange some of the wiki equipment by Lvl req then AD level as this is what most people would be interested in, but i didn't have time to do it all.

I liked the Equipment the way it was, with shop boughts first and the drops/quest rewards after, but meh, probably just my own taste. The way I see the Equipment table is that it can now be ordered anyway the person wants anyway, so it's six and half a dozen.
As for the drop rates etc, feel free to add the info (rough guesses or factual) as you (or anyone else with access) wish. I already put in my disclaimer (see above - but it basically says: don't rely on drops for gear).

Eld wrote:I feel if the wiki is in this format it'll be better to work directly from there to see where the gaps in equipment are (assuming the incorrect values get updated)

Feel free to change it :D
Although I think the tables work better. Make another page?
I love sheep.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:51 am

Gonna ressurect this.
Does the build actually keep track of what items are in the game (they introduce)?
It would be a nice way of keeping track of what is needed and what there is enough off.
Yeh, I just copy/pasted.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”