Changes to Mirror Rooms

Rodeo

Re: Changes to Mirror Rooms

Postby Rodeo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:53 pm

Aside from thhose 3 rooms priests took a hit to ac when they were limited to light armor which was a pretty big nerf the best priest ingame only has 75 ac with aegis. Thantos moves around through all 9 squares so unless mirror rooms are everywhere ingame I don't see the problem in leaving the mechanic how it is.

Lissy

Postby Lissy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Rodeo wrote:so unless mirror rooms are everywhere ingame I don't see the problem in leaving the mechanic how it is.

this. all those checks are for actions that can be performed in all or most squares ingame. mirror rooms are special and fun.
Founding member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Enjoy a halfling monk served raw with a pinch of crushed red pepper for double the kick!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:33 am

"Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I like it just how it is with mirror rooms."
Heehee, nah just kidding.

I see both points to this argument tbh.
Healing damage is irresistible, which means it is straight damage with no chance of avoiding (if spell successfully cast) but its only three squares... its not like you are trapped there... right?
Not many places a priesty can be dps.
Also it affects EVERYONE, so it is not like it is being aimed at one particular group.
Still if it was resistible, it would be more fair...
Eh aye... mixed on this one.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Eld

Postby Eld » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:38 pm

I have mixed thoughts on this, and i can see the arguments for both sides.
However i think the mirror room mechanic should be left as it is and possibly reviewed again in a few weeks/a month.

This is currently a unique experience in the game, and i feel like it's too early to change the mechanics when new tactics are being discovered/used/honed.

I feel as though people's opinions might be different after the area has been in game for a little while longer and people have more experience of how to approach this area.

Miach

Postby Miach » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:39 pm

You pretend as if there won't be additional mirror rooms in the future.

Again, it is the only circumstance of unmitigated damage and those with high wisdom have no chance to resist the damage. High Int/Wisdom characters have an HP disadvantage (except for dwarves), Gnomes have a 17 end max, lings 18, DE 18, but they compensate that loss of health with resistance to magic. It is the one mitigation that they excel at over other choices.

It is fairly new, and there is some strategy obviously behind those rooms, but, again, content development is still fairly early and more mirror rooms may be added to the game.

The healing damage mechanic is overpowered. Any way you cut it.

In addition, with the proposed changes, priests and healers STILL have a clear edge over other classes in those rooms.

Return to “Archive Chat”