What the FF? (Faeriefire in 1v1 events)

Snyper

What the FF? (Faeriefire in 1v1 events)

Postby Snyper » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:47 pm

I don't agree with the total removal of Faeriefire from 1v1 events.
I do, however, agree it should be restricted to perhaps 1 cast per fight.
I understand it renders a slayer/assassin crippled and i sympathize with that and agree the use of ff without restriction is dominant against this one single class.
1 cast lasts 3 rounds at best and druids/elders still have to come out of morph and actually land the cast. High wis slayers could leave a druid out of morph at the end of their round or render them useless themselves for a round or even more.
Most druids i know don't even invest in int and if they do its usually no higher than 15 so its not as if that's hard to combat.
If we remove ff completely then why not sap or wither? or stalker pets/golems because they have the chance of finding hidden slayers/assys? Stalker pets even heal their master.
Anyway, that's my thought on the matter.

Basically - Restrict, rather than remove, FF in 1v1 events.

Kismet

Re: What the FF? (Faeriefire in 1v1 events)

Postby Kismet » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:26 am

I agree with this wholeheartedly. It just seems unfair to completely remove a bread and butter ability of one class which isn't anywhere near broken whilst still allowing that of others. Don't want any chance or the unlikeliness of getting FF'ed? Bring a non-hider or a hider with MR.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:37 am

The fact of the matter is it was removed is because its basically a win button in its current format against slayers. It may be balanced against other classes but against slayers it basically turns them into a priest with a hammer damage wise. I would be open to it being used against other classes (if a majority of players want it) but we just figured it wasnt used much besides on slayers.

I could see it being allowed if it maybe only lasted 1 round or if slayers could still backstab while on it and it only reduced armor. In its current form its an instant win to an already top tier (maybe the best 1v1 class in game).

maybe something like it stops hiding for 1 round and lowers armor for 4 rounds? (cant be cast again until its worn off?) meaning it might stop backstabs for 10 seconds and lower armor for like 40 seconds

Snyper

Postby Snyper » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:09 am

I mean, i kinda feel like keeping slayers off your back is what FF was designed to do.
My lizard slayer gets fried to death by casters. Lets restrict blast to twice every other round and make casters melee the other attacks. I mean, they do have power...
Oh, and he also doesnt like being found. Lets limit searches to one every other round.
I purposely dont bring certain classes to 1v1 events to prevent certain things i dont like. If i dont like dying to casters i dont bring a lizard. If i dont like being ff'd i dont bring a slayer.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:31 am

Oh no another nerf to suit certain classes/races!
What happened to the rock paper scissors aspect people went on about?
Low Wisdom slayer get ff'd... tough luck I say.
Low MR gets seXXored by high INT caster... tough luck.
I agree with Snyper, either have a limit or I want all events I enter to have the rules changed so that I can win on the alt that I am using for that event.
K thanx bia!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:51 am

Lateralus wrote:The fact of the matter is it was removed is because its basically a win button in its current format against slayers. It may be balanced against other classes but against slayers it basically turns them into a priest with a hammer damage wise. I would be open to it being used against other classes (if a majority of players want it) but we just figured it wasnt used much besides on slayers.

I could see it being allowed if it maybe only lasted 1 round or if slayers could still backstab while on it and it only reduced armor. In its current form its an instant win to an already top tier (maybe the best 1v1 class in game).

maybe something like it stops hiding for 1 round and lowers armor for 4 rounds? (cant be cast again until its worn off?) meaning it might stop backstabs for 10 seconds and lower armor for like 40 seconds

I am not changing the mechanics of FF for an event. lol. For me, I do think it should be restricted TBH. I am a druid lover but it feels like it's a game stopper against slayers. Could poll it though Lat and see what people think. If it were to be allowed, obviously once max.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:54 am

Snyper wrote:I mean, i kinda feel like keeping slayers off your back is what FF was designed to do.
My lizard slayer gets fried to death by casters. Lets restrict blast to twice every other round and make casters melee the other attacks. I mean, they do have power...
Oh, and he also doesnt like being found. Lets limit searches to one every other round.
I purposely dont bring certain classes to 1v1 events to prevent certain things i dont like. If i dont like dying to casters i dont bring a lizard. If i dont like being ff'd i dont bring a slayer.

daedroth wrote:Oh no another nerf to suit certain classes/races!
What happened to the rock paper scissors aspect people went on about?
Low Wisdom slayer get ff'd... tough luck I say.
Low MR gets seXXored by high INT caster... tough luck.
I agree with Snyper, either have a limit or I want all events I enter to have the rules changed so that I can win on the alt that I am using for that event.
K thanx bia!

I mean ff is to keep slayers off your back but I think what we are getting at here is slayers stand no chance at all being ff'd. In ff current form its an instant win.

Honestly I think druids in general could get re-balanced as a whole (not just ff) they are the tops in 1v1 pvp which isnt super important but its still something. They destory casters and slayers and fair better than most other classes in 1v1. With all these strengths what exactly are their weaknesses? Where is the rock to the druids scissors? I dont think anything really beats them 1v1 besides maybe another druid. they for sure don't have an instant lose like most other classes have and they have more instant wins than other classes.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:56 am

Isn't this also saying that Assassins should have an alternative to backstab?
:popcorn:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:14 am

I mean ff is to keep slayers off your back but I think what we are getting at here is slayers stand no chance at all being ff'd. In ff current form its an instant win.

Honestly I think druids in general could get re-balanced as a whole (not just ff) they are the tops in 1v1 pvp which isnt super important but its still something. They destory casters and slayers and fair better than most other classes in 1v1. With all these strengths what exactly are their weaknesses? Where is the rock to the druids scissors? I dont think anything really beats them 1v1 besides maybe another druid. they for sure don't have an instant lose like most other classes have and they have more instant wins than other classes.

As someone who has 3 elders, I think with most Druids their bane is low hp cos generally most of them will need to choose balanced races with very low END and not much points invested in CHR. They are quite killable in most situations but 1-1 tends to be a strong point because of their jack of all trades style (which I think is fair enough cos they don't excel at anything else). BUT as you and I have previously observed, there is one race when combined with Druid class is not low hp and pretty much has no weaknesses, often exceeding the best stats of other race/class
combos when morphed (and yes I own one of these elders too, so I'm definitely not speaking out of envy). This combo probably does need looking at, but most other race Druids are quite balanced and definitely don't need nerfing imho.

I'd be ok with restricting to limited number of FFs in events (like healers have on healing) but think ruling out the skill together goes too far. Perhaps as a way of rewarding people who made more balanced Assys (or penalising Druids who chose low INT) restrict it to X number of FF attempts per event fight (thus if you fizzle or unaffect on your X attempts to FF the Assy then tough luck).

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:24 pm

anthriel wrote:

As someone who has 3 elders, I think with most Druids their bane is low hp cos generally most of them will need to choose balanced races with very low END and not much points invested in CHR. They are quite killable in most situations but 1-1 tends to be a strong point because of their jack of all trades style (which I think is fair enough cos they don't excel at anything else). BUT as you and I have previously observed, there is one race when combined with Druid class is not low hp and pretty much has no weaknesses, often exceeding the best stats of other race/class
combos when morphed (and yes I own one of these elders too, so I'm definitely not speaking out of envy). This combo probably does need looking at, but most other race Druids are quite balanced and definitely don't need nerfing imho.

I'd be ok with restricting to limited number of FFs in events (like healers have on healing) but think ruling out the skill together goes too far. Perhaps as a way of rewarding people who made more balanced Assys (or penalising Druids who chose low INT) restrict it to X number of FF attempts per event fight (thus if you fizzle or unaffect on your X attempts to FF the Assy then tough luck).

Yea i mean overall druids are the best id say at 1v1. Which again isnt a huge deal but a good deal of events focus on 1v1 for some reason. The last 5 koth winners have been elders and If i remember correctly last week it was only elders who got wins last week.

Last 5 koth weeks winners:
Eisin
Eisin (and streak)
Harmony
Harmony
Harmony

I dont think losing FF is going to hurt them too bad it just means they wont have an instant win over slayers. They still have their instant wins over casters and I think a slight edge over other classes.

I guess I could see taking a poll on it because honestly its what the players think is fair in the end. Regardless of the results I think its kind of shined a light on druids might need a rework in terms of 1v1 combat. Maybe in cat form druids need to lose a percentage of their hp (meaning elemental would lose the most while halfling and gnome wouldnt lose as much)

Return to “Archive Chat”