Traps and stuff.

daedroth

Traps and stuff.

Postby daedroth » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:52 am

Brainstorminng btw.

Stat checks to spot/avoid a trap (only thieves can disarm traps and some traps will be unavoidable - depends on the trap).
Stat checks have a minus based on class (basically every class except a thief will have a minus to the check).
If you spot a trap, you will have the chance of avoiding it by backing up or taking your chance and going on (less of a minus to avoid then - avoidance could just mean less damage).
Traps where you fall into a damaging substance - agility check (possibly a rope) to climb out, each failure means more damage and you are still in the trap.

Stat checks in general would be handy for a variety of stuff.
Think of the water squares... agility/endurance checks - armour + str (to offset armour penalty) type after x amount of squares based on END to avoid damage. If fighting in combat checks to avoid AGL penalty (would apply to certain monsters too off course - non amphibian/avian?) Heavy armour could just mean you start making checks sooner.
Charisma/Intelligence/Wisdom (even Strength for intimidation) checks when talking to NPC's, fail the check, mission progress halted for a time period (maybe even failed - depending on quest).
Agility checks on the places where you need to climb (rope to move) - failure means you fall taking a small amount of damage.
Agility check to sneak past sleeping monster without it waking (thieves and assassins get a +).
So many things could be done with stat checks.
CHR having a slight effect on cost of items?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”