Leaderboard Events

Lateralus

Leaderboard Events

Postby Lateralus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:24 am

I’ve played a few games that have weekly leaderboard events / rankings where say the top 3-5 players might get rewards.

This would be a fun ongoing event for the players as well as encouraging player activity.

These leader boards could be for really anything.

Npc kills (could be all npcs could be just rares could be npcs from a certain area etc)

Quests completed

Player kills (would have to be some way to make sure people didn’t cheat this) maybe it would only count kills that happen during events.

Exp gained

Anyways these are a few examples the events would always going on maybe 1-3 going on at once they could have variable times on them from 1 day to a 1 month?

You would go into the tavern and there would maybe be a leaderboards button that would pull up and interface with current events going on and the say top 10 players (as well as your rank). Could just list all that info out in text as well.

I think this could be automated and because of that ran with no staff interaction. Awards would be pp and based on how long the event lasts. Say a 1 day event might be 10-20pp while a month long event could be 100pp? (Numbers don’t really matter just giving an idea). Could be gold reward could be exp reward you get the idea.

I’ve seen a few games do this and it really keeps people active and with things to do. The more people competing in these things means the more people active and playing which means more pvp and interaction.

Anyways just tossing that out ther what do you guys think?

daedroth

Re: Leaderboard Events

Postby daedroth » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:18 am

Pking one would be hard to make un-exploitable (even if it was run at "event" times only).
Other ideas:
Quickest to level to 25th (could make this a kind of World Record thing - so other things would be do-able; Quickest to do all the quests, Quickest to reach 1mil gold (that one would be hard to make un-exploitable too) etc).
The quickest to 25th as well could be exploited (have friends level when your offline etc).
Meh, if only people were trustworthy and mature :D
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:32 pm

leaderboard would be cool thing, i like the pve aspect like destroying monsters. could do a points where monsters award .1 or 1 point per level, so players arent slaughtering 4 training dummies per round in arenas. for instance a player kills cougars(level 21) for either 21 points or 2.1. player bob has 1234.5 points this month/week/day etc.

also be cool to have an event checklist aswell. in that the event checklist has account based records and staff can award 1 time pp rewards based on completion. the firelds could be things like;

GENERAL
win jr koth
win koth
win a mosh
win a seek challenge
answer a trivia question

SOLO
win an event - 3 pp
win an event with 3 different classes - 8 pp
win an event with 6 different classes - 20 pp
win an event with every class - 50 pp

TEAM
win a team event - 2 pp
win a team event with 3 different classes - 6 pp
win a team event with 6 different classes - 14 pp
win a team event with every class - 30 pp

DIV challenges
win an event with Riva div - 1pp
win an event with Pyros div - 1pp
win an event with Terra div - 1pp
win an event with Nox div - 1 pp
win an event with Voltus div - 1 pp
win a team event with atleast 1 of each div on team - 20 pp
win a team event with entire team composed of 1 div - 30 pp

i dunno, just some thoughts
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:19 pm

@terron

Yea right on I figured this would tie in well with an achievement type system like you are suggesting. Hopefully this gets some ideas flowing and if people like it, it isn’t too rough to code.

Return to “Archive Chat”