Death sickness account wide?

Terron

Re: Death sickness account wide?

Postby Terron » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:39 pm

yeah i agree a logoff death timer would be adequate fix until the areas and ktp situation is addressed. if characters took 3 minutes (minimum) to get back to a fight, a log off death timer isnt even needed imo.

i get jakes points, i just dot agree in what is believed to be the under-laying problem. alts aren't the problem, the problem is i can die to a safe zone log off/log on and run back before an enemy priest even gains stamina sometimes lol
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Terron wrote:i like the death log off timer idea, typically i wait til sickness has worn off anyway.

what i mean by having alts being worthless is if u have access to bard/priest a couple slayers/heavy dps, a chanter, and a high resist character you have ultimately no reason to train new alts. especially if you cant run the extras in to fight anyway.
account sharing already eliminates the necessity for each player to train support/oad help opposed to borrowing. this is also why accounts need to lock to the first pc/ip that logs onto them each day.

it isnt only about zombying there has to be some sort of server longevity purpose to keep training. otherwise why dont we just start at level 25 with white equips and log on at oad timers, wage war to better our gear, and log off.

as dumb as it is to kill the same person 5 or 6 times until you fail and die yourself, its just as dumb to level a bunch of characters to 25 just to use your original 25er for every fight and quite possibly everything else entirely. its also dumb just playing at reset 4 7 9 for a few minutes each day persevering through countless oads for a max of 5-7 extra armor. maybe some sort of upkeep cost for 25ers or forced reallocation after X amount of time. content seems more adequate to prevent zombying, isnt as much of a deal if every oad timer had 4-5 solo oads, a large oad, and a few 3-4 person oads all at the same time.

this game has little to do besides train, this thread wants to accomplish making that even more pointless. the problem has been addressed and all the reasonable solutions have been mentioned. guess its up to development to decide how essential training should be.

Just a shout out to you about your above post Terron - I value your opinion and largely agree with many of the underlying game dynamic issues you raised (eps about motivation to Lvl 25ers and set time OAD timers etc). It's why I alluded in my original post that while the zombie-alts are an issue, they are just one smaller one in a sea of bigger systemic ones. These discussions about bigger systemic issues probably do belong in a diff thread though (but I largely cbb starting one and trying to pioneer large scale change anymore - so I do appreciate you raising them to some degree in this thread so that people can consider the current issue in context of other issues and therefore not get "blinker vision")

-------------------------------------

On another note, it's nice for me to see that (during my absence) most have now come around to the death sickness log off timer being an easy-to-implement solution that's worth a try at least. It's not full proof but it does sound like it could be low hanging fruit.

Also in a cross-thread note for NH's benefit, I thought I'd point out that even Folder (the self-admitted "lover of PVP") eventually tires of endless battles, contrary to what he claimed on the Area Capture thread. Therefore, even if you fix Zombie-alt-running to a degree with deathsickness log off timer or whatever, try to consider not setting the area capture reset timers too short such that contesting areas becomes as much of an endless/repetitive chore as killing zombie alts. Peace.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Always gotta throw a dig in, geez lol. There's nothing contrary to my statements. I do love PvP, and it's why I play the game. I don't think fights that last 20/30/40+ minutes because both sides are throwing endless alts are good. That doesn't mean I dislike PvP, that's a goofy logic jump D:

Give the timer a shot at 1:30? Kinda need to see it in action but that sounds like an ok starting point to me. Sickness is 2 minutes to start, I think? So they can wait an extra 30 seconds for sickness or switch alts.

edit: I can't say that I understand people's reasoning about alts here. You're telling me the only reason you lvl alts is to stack them for PvP/key/oad fights? If that's what you like, cool, we have differing opinions and that's what this is all about.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:06 pm

At the moment the actual capture zones have a unique lock on them. Cities will have a longer time (A day or two) but won't be in game at first. Zones will have a shorter one (4-8 hours, probably leaning around 6 or 8 hours to be honest), still deciding while I finish it up. Shouldn't be too long though.

Rigs

Postby Rigs » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:31 pm

I support a 60 to 90 second logout timer.
If zombieing is still an issue, you could make the second or third death cause temporary blindness or paralysis.
If you really wanna teach those zombos a lesson, half all healing done to them for the duration of res sickness and double damage in mirror rooms. <3

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:10 am

Aye, just make it something similar to logging out in an unsafe area for as long as death sickness is active.
So you cannot change alts for as long as death sickness is active (duration may be changed).
Not so sure about the same alt not coming back (as in their paralysed and can't move). I think maybe increase the death sickness penalty to 4, then 8, then 12, but no paralysis until the 4th time (although who would come back with -12 stats)?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:30 pm

If isp drops you, and 90 sec timer, expect instant death. Please leave 10 sec timer alone.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:51 pm

10 sec timer resets if you get hit - you're already dead if you dc on a hostile square. Fyi.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:40 pm

would love to see movement delayed (like meteorball) on sick people. OFF topic but I wouldnt even mind seeing a dm or sorc skill that "slowed" enemies to say movement only every 1-3 seconds.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:01 am

Styx wrote:If isp drops you, and 90 sec timer, expect instant death. Please leave 10 sec timer alone.

I don't think you read the thread on when the timer occurs regardless.

Return to “Archive Chat”