Death sickness account wide?

Terron

Re: Death sickness account wide?

Postby Terron » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:52 am

I really dont understand how this wasn't expected. takes almost nothing to endgame a character.

as much as it sucks, it might aswell be left alone. there's always a loophole id changers/multiboxing/ip changers/tablets etc.

if you really want to eliminate sharing and multiple accounts just set each account to lock itself to the first computer id and ip address that logs into it each day. tablet users better remote link or be fked upon, holder/key accounts, ouch, hope your chairman is active as hell. sorry but its an all or nothing gamble here.

theres alot more important stuff to address/fix imo.
thanatos blinding magic users for 5-7 minutes comes to mind.(shoulda went 10 wis chanter /eyes)

this is only a problem at kill to pass areas like dreads keys/open oads.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Strigoiu

Postby Strigoiu » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:53 am

Sounds like someone needs a diaper change and a warm bottle of milk.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:23 am

introduce penalties for 25ers

-so many deaths per day weakens your emberstones(sb)
-when you die you are in limbo til resurrected
-give death mage a resurrection spell

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:09 am

I highly doubt people will bother to try and abuse hardware IDs to get around death sickness. Could be wrong but I mean it would be blatantly obvious if people did this anyway.

Of course the issue is only for 25s and returning to all fights, nothing should change for lvlers imo.

I highly disagree with "just leave it" because I think it hurts the game. It's a mess. I do like the idea of a resurrect spell and some sort of limbo, but that's perhaps a bit too fancy as well.

Glad people are talking about it at least. @AJ - you're right it wasn't a huge problem but this only gets worse and worse as time goes on. Most everyone has a number of 25s to choose from at this point.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Terron wrote:I really dont understand how this wasn't expected. takes almost nothing to endgame a character.

as much as it sucks, it might aswell be left alone. there's always a loophole id changers/multiboxing/ip changers/tablets etc.

if you really want to eliminate sharing and multiple accounts just set each account to lock itself to the first computer id and ip address that logs into it each day. tablet users better remote link or be fked upon, holder/key accounts, ouch, hope your chairman is active as hell. sorry but its an all or nothing gamble here.

theres alot more important stuff to address/fix imo.
thanatos blinding magic users for 5-7 minutes comes to mind.(shoulda went 10 wis chanter /eyes)

this is only a problem at kill to pass areas like dreads keys/open oads.

I kind of disagree. PVP is a big part of this game, saying it's not very important is pretty silly. I agree thanny binding magic is a problem if its 5 minutes but I disagree that a 30 minute OAD is anywhere near the importance of this.

Saying 'screw it' because people can get around stuff too is really weird. That's life in this game, you got to punish people who abuse the rules is all. If you see an issue, you can report it. I get that people will try to abuse it, but for qol reasons something should be done about it. I probably should make a easy way to report things too though. We have alot more logging now and it is very easy to check who was on at what time to confirm things.

Locking accounts would make too many people rage.

--

Anyways, penalties, I really think the sickness is enough. Limbo is pretty similar to sickness, just that you can still move around the world. After a couple deaths in a row your character is pretty useless to enter in combat as you'll have insanely low stats. I might tweak the times once I figure out what to do though.

SB thing I thought about but it's probably not a good idea. Probably shouldn't punish that harshly for playing the game. It should be a temporary effect.

--

I agree this should be looked into and something needs to be changed, either account based or comp id. I do not think death sickness should prevent you from logging out until it goes away.

Honestly the thing is this is probably the easiest method that isn't so dumb to do. If you PVP twice in a row you know your timers gonna be something around 3 minutes, which is really nothing. If you keep going it's technically the person who dies fault if you get a long log off timer. This here with checking computer ID on login for uniques on top of the current checks would work fairly easily.

Sickness could be account wide but that kind of sounds weird too. It would be harder to do but it's possibly if people feel thats a better idea. Or another idea if people have it.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:57 pm

imo staff shouldn't be needed to step in to remedy problems that can be addressed by the player-base itself.

if guild 3 has 2x the 25ers you have, then log on and go train some more or recruit members (do something besides log on for 25 minutes a day at specific oad timers)

if u cant run alts into a battle then there's no reason to have alts at all. if alts are being made too fast then the exp requirement isnt high enough.

if u take alts out its just a waiting game where the first team in is fked everytime. (look they have 3 chanters, a bard, priest and a slayer lets just go in on 2 priests and 4 high mr characters = lame)

i think you should just die and be in limbo get resurrected and rez sickness last 15 minutes. rez sickness = 50% health loss. that fixes runbacks imo

there isnt enough character progression past level 25 to warrant a disabled feature for using multiple alts. everyone will just not be on til oad timer or train anything because you don't have to.

EDIT: saying pvp is a big part of the game on a thread thats trying to limit it is kinda weird. pvp is great, runbacks are also great, more pks easier to hit and kill. running alts is the only purpose to having alts. if an entire guild could function on 1 pvp unit each 2 bards and 2 priests 1 brig it would be a short game for everyone.(easily achieved with sharing multiple accounts) this is why people are idle 19+ hrs a day they only have to play at reset, 4 pm, 7pm, and 9pm.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:53 pm

Piddy ilu but not seeing you on this one.

I propose that it is not fun gameplay to play a never ending arms race of alts. I don't think that should be the gameplay goal. I have alts because I like playing diff classes and use them for oads/events/pking and, gasp, sometimes just to lvl them when I'm bored. Saying alts are useless may be true for you but that doesn't make it so for everyone.

Sickness itself is fine imo, it's just the endless alt waves. I don't think sickness needs to be harsher, I just think a solution to alt running would help. As it stands it often makes more strategic sense to NOT kill an enemy so that you leave them separated from their team. Killing them just means they alt swap and regroup. Is that good gameplay? I argue that should not be our endgame goal.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:19 pm

EDIT: saying pvp is a big part of the game on a thread thats trying to limit it is kinda weird.

There should be a means to an 'end' of a battle though. Granted, if it was account wide, we could raise it to be lets say 2 or 3 times before sickness 'really' kicks in, allowing players to swap alts once or twice too if they wanted too. So if you lot die, you can still come back once or twice more before sickness occurs pretty much. Sickness 'can' be adjusted.

A battle shouldn't last forever. That was the intended purpose of the sickness. If a small group jumps a bigger group using tactics, and manages to actually get the upper hand, all would probably be lost just because the bigger group can swap alts (and have more alts to boot.). Any tactics are pretty much thrown out with the use of alt hordes, specially if the guild is larger. It shouldn't last forever and I can understand that 'the person who gets the most tired zombing' isn't really so fun. I'm not saying a battle can't last long either. Longer fights are OK.

Limbo could be a thing but it still won't resolve the alt horde. Resurrections is a interesting idea for necros 'if' there was a proper means of ending a battle. I.E. someone can come back 2 times, but with a necro one person gets a chance to come back once more! (something like that.)

I would say most people idle because there is nothing to do right now but level. I don't think adjusting PVP would impact or change this.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:37 pm

i understand people streaming 7 or 8 alts in a row sucks. however the initial problem is they can run back in 4-5 seconds especially when every alt is templed in fort huldar.

basically the problem isnt the alts its that they can get to you in seconds.

lets say dreads distance between keyspawns was tripled(5-6 stacks of vilas between each zone instead of 2)
lets say the vilas spawned in 60 seconds.

the problem just got solved without acct tampering or altage nerfs.

tbh you could even make some squares that cant be passed easily while solo ( 3 vilas?)

this forces a losing guild to regroup with either different 25ers, or regroup and wait out sickness. or enter while sick and hope no-one jumps your weak party. any of this means it takes a bit of effort to get back into the fray.

EDIT: just make the area a giant area shaped like the star of david(6 pointed star) leftmost point is barricade and each point being the keyspawns.

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Changing alts as you need is as part of the game as killing a lvl 16 with your 25er.

No point in changing it.

Return to “Archive Chat”