Death sickness account wide?

Dan

Re: Death sickness account wide?

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:47 pm

And why that all of a sudden?

Did you get killed at an oad and wants to change the game bc of that or something?

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:21 pm

Dan wrote:And why that all of a sudden?

Did you get killed at an oad and wants to change the game bc of that or something?

I know it's hard to believe, but this is brought up because I give a shit about the state of the game and I critically think about what is good and what is not. Go back under your bridge.

Re: what Terron is saying. For sure running back real quick is just as much a problem, but I think solving it via alt use is easier and more logical than changing all game areas. This affects dreads keys, seta, thanatos, refinery. It can affect anywhere really and no doubt future areas will be affected. I think it's good to think about fixing this now. Changing dreads is fine and all but to me that's kind of a small bandaid solution. I definitely don't like making trap squares intensely hard because people solo level and that would just be mean to them.

NiteHawk wrote:A battle shouldn't last forever. That was the intended purpose of the sickness. If a small group jumps a bigger group using tactics, and manages to actually get the upper hand, all would probably be lost just because the bigger group can swap alts (and have more alts to boot.). Any tactics are pretty much thrown out with the use of alt hordes, specially if the guild is larger. It shouldn't last forever and I can understand that 'the person who gets the most tired zombing' isn't really so fun. I'm not saying a battle can't last long either. Longer fights are OK.

I couldn't have said it better. This is exactly the problem - strategy is thrown to the wind and I think that is detrimental to the game. It's pretty fun to try and fight 4 or 5v6 and try to strategically win by using certain class combos, but it's all for naught when the larger group just pours back in.

SIGH, since I have to say this....this is 100% NOT MOTIVATED BY LOSING A FIGHT. Please try and think bigger than that. We won a fight at Seta today by zombie-ing and running alts forever until we won. Some people used 3-4 alts, and I think that's dumb as hell. I really think the game would be better off with death meaning something instead of just logging your next 25er that's 5 spaces away and full of pots.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:53 pm

in my honest opinion slayers remove strategy from the game as it is. all you need is priests and slayers and just wait for the pop pop.

most classes have an avg output of 270-320 dmg per round (potions heal 250 of it) so its a stalemate of luck until a slayer or 2 comes along and pops 700-1500 in a single round.

zombying is no where near as detrimental to strategy as a class running around with 2-3x the power of others.
then throw in the fact that debuffs barely last on 10 wis and cripple high wis for insane amounts of time.
the meta for the entire game is 10 wisdom atm. the 10 wis melee units are better, the 10 wis casters survive longer, weaker race melee can max chr instead of wis to be more competitive. your oad characters can select less wisdom so they are silenced/paralyzed for shorter duration. broken.

you want strategy..#delete slayers
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:27 am

Terron wrote:in my honest opinion slayers remove strategy from the game as it is. all you need is priests and slayers and just wait for the pop pop.

most classes have an avg output of 270-320 dmg per round (potions heal 250 of it) so its a stalemate of luck until a slayer or 2 comes along and pops 700-1500 in a single round.

zombying is no where near as detrimental to strategy as a class running around with 2-3x the power of others.
then throw in the fact that debuffs barely last on 10 wis and cripple high wis for insane amounts of time.
the meta for the entire game is 10 wisdom atm. the 10 wis melee units are better, the 10 wis casters survive longer, weaker race melee can max chr instead of wis to be more competitive. your oad characters can select less wisdom so they are silenced/paralyzed for shorter duration. broken.

you want strategy..#delete slayers

I agree slayers need a weakness for all their power but I’m not sure what that is but maybe a very short para after a missed backstab or searched out.

As for high wis characters and having debuffs last way longer on them I agree it’s a bit backwards (hawk knows I feel this way) and even gives low wis characters more power but in theory high wis shouldnt get hit with debuffs very often. Even if you are getting hit half the time low wis characters do that length is killer. Than has extreme high int so everyone pretty much get hit with blind no matter what wis but again I think debuff timer should be the same for all wis and just the penetration should be the difference.

I would like to see he breakdown of hit rate and length of debuffs tho so I’m not just talking out of my ass.

Also what about a 1 second movement delay like how meteror ball worked when you have sickness?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:52 am

Dan wrote:And why that all of a sudden?

Devil's Advocate: Your argument can be switched around you realise that yes?

I am ok either way. The way it is is silly, but I am not bothered. Change or not, I am fine either way.
Right now though, a lot of fights are determined by numbers and willpower.
Let's have a poll and hope no one is swayed by a temporary victory/defeat at the latest mass brawl they were involved in.

Also negative effect spells affecting crits with higher WIs is also silly, always thought this tbh, just did not have the energy to fight against it :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:59 am

their weakness should be a relative crappy hide ability and lower armor like light armor light helm( maybe even cloth) and some kind of endurance penalty like -5% hp and/or dodge loss. atm their only weakness lies to a chanter, in which a priest nullifies a chanter and 1-2 other dps every round, potion negates the 4th party members damage.

u could take the same party fight scenario and toss similar stated brigs in to replace the slayers and theyd still hit around 400-1100 in those rounds. that is still efficient enough to sway a group fight. slayer atm is 100% overkill. they out-damage bezerkers hitting 3 flurrys in 1 round and succeed at it 4-16x as often statistically. its nuts.

games fillin up with slayers better to fix it now than wait til 95% of us all use em.

id be open to help u test the exact times thannys blind etc work on characters.(or silence/paralyze from various oads)
if i recall, its about 45 seconds on a drake monk with 12 wis
20 wisdom halfling death mage was around 4m45s
22 wis gnome sorc level 23 was even worse, seemed to never end.
i can tell ya for certain silence ends on my 16 wisdom elf bard before any priest at seta

buffs have a set time so should debuffs imo. if u keep getting debuffed as a lizard theres always a dark elf or something else. time to stop bending the meta to low wis. equilateral triangle time.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Rigs

Postby Rigs » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:00 am

While I don't agree with the overall sentiment of this thread, why not just put a 60 second flag on players whenever they engage in PvP and not allow a logout until the flag is removed? TOS circumvention with multiple accounts.

Edit: Pretty tiresome when every thread destabilizes into a "this particular class needs 'x'". Stay on the god damned topic.
daedroth wrote:Right now though, a lot of fights are determined by numbers and willpower.

While casters have a few more options battle-wise, melee characters require minimal micromanagement. Why on earth would numbers not dictate a battle? Take the 10 least skilled players and pit them against the 5 highest skilled players. Those 5 players would lose 99 times out of 100.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:22 am

Rigs wrote:Edit: Pretty tiresome when every thread destabilizes into a "this particular class needs 'x'". Stay on the god damned topic.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:19 am

To stop people doing alts, then comp id, and use exh bar for attacks, yes it would stop it, that way no fighting at all, nor the ability to move, which is what will then make peeps rage. There would only be 1 death penalty in this case. ** However, the time in between, based in the time lapse of the death penalty, should be lowered to reflect the ability to fight again. **

Problems associated with this is , as nighthawk stated, yes people will rage and become aggravated, from only sitting and waiting.

It would be a good thing to implement but on the other hand it's not in dire need of becoming put into the game, as other things are needing done first. However, this could be done at a later time.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 am

Rigs wrote:While I don't agree with the overall sentiment of this thread, why not just put a 60 second flag on players whenever they engage in PvP and not allow a logout until the flag is removed? TOS circumvention with multiple accounts.

Edit: Pretty tiresome when every thread destabilizes into a "this particular class needs 'x'". Stay on the god damned topic.
daedroth wrote:Right now though, a lot of fights are determined by numbers and willpower.

While casters have a few more options battle-wise, melee characters require minimal micromanagement. Why on earth would numbers not dictate a battle? Take the 10 least skilled players and pit them against the 5 highest skilled players. Those 5 players would lose 99 times out of 100.

I think when Daedroth said numbers he meant "alts running back", not just flat out numbers from the start? I'd agree with that. Obviously 10 winning against 5 is gonna happen, this isn't about that.

Plz to stop derailing thread with slayer talk. New thread for that plz friends.
<Silhouette>

Return to “Archive Chat”