Death sickness account wide?

Terron

Re: Death sickness account wide?

Postby Terron » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:43 am

[/quote]
While casters have a few more options battle-wise, melee characters require minimal micromanagement. Why on earth would numbers not dictate a battle? Take the 10 least skilled players and pit them against the 5 highest skilled players. Those 5 players would lose 99 times out of 100.[/quote]

casters have almost no options they get to hit half orc/saurian/drake slayers and barbs that's about it. only up side is tht is the majority of characters ingame, but its forever overshadowed by priests heals because magic has no rounding power.

10v5 wouldnt be 99% if the tactics triangle was upheld on this game. ofc it will be 99 out of 100 if the entire party of 10 are entirely slayers and priests.

1)running back copious amounts of alts is garbage design but it is needed .
--otherwise were probably all done training as we already have 1 melee unit im sure

2)letting them run back to combat in 2.965 seconds is even worse design and this is not needed.
-lets break it down for ya
-- ktps are necessary in open free for all key/oad areas
----more ktps are necessary to keep zombies hindered and to remove the 3-5 second runbacks
- areas will need to be larger to fit a larger playerbase and more ktps someday
---might aswell do it now
-areas that require a key to enter each time do not need ktps or expiring keys
--theres only 3 options in these areas
----go with your party of 6 accepting the fact you may get jumped and die
----save keys to jump other guilds
----save up multiple sets of keys so you can oad with 2+ full parties to ensure victory.

irregardless of what acct timeout, spanky punishment this thread turns into, all of the above i said will need to happen eventually especially if the game achieves 2-3x the current player numbers. if you want to pimp slap zombies into concussion or slap account wide nerfs for playing the game. go right ahead, its just more to do that isn't really necessary.

the core of this thread is solid, addressing a problem is a good thing. the problem with it is, it is reading like you are trying to kick people who train daily, your most active users, right in the balls. and only doing this because they have more characters than players who spend an hour a night logging on for oad timers and never play outside of that really. i got friends on both sides of this. im just trying to come up with a solution that doesn't stiff one side of it, and i gave it to you.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:15 am

Regardless, if its a 10 vs 5 to start. It shouldn't be endless. Obviously the 10 are probably going to win if they are all there to start. Numbers will define that. That is /life sometimes.

I mean, I am not sure what you mean either. Running back a X amount of times is fine, but there should be a limit. If it is a global sickness, it can work differently. I.E.

-You attack and die, you get a 4 minute timer on you but no sickness.
-You attack again and die, your timer resets, no sickness.
-You attack a third time and die, your timer resets again, and you get -1 or -2 across all stats.
-Etc now, probably after the fourth time its not worth a anything to go back.

The benefit of the above however is that you can swap alts and the sickness will still stick, but since you get two or three free deaths, alts work fine here. It gives a limit to how long the fight will be though, even if it's 'fairly' long.

I am not saying you should never be able to swap alts, I obviously know that is a thing and should be. But you should have means to the fight ending. That is what sickness was meant to do, even before.

---

I am aware about other things said in this thread, I'd wait for the update right now coming.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:22 am

take that idea and factor in a playerbase of 100+ and its obliterated. 7-8 guilds smashing each other, youre definitely going to have to die more than 3x. faster spawning ktps and more of em helps with no players or 1000.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:26 am

Terron wrote:take that idea and factor in a playerbase of 100+ and its obliterated. 7-8 guilds smashing each other, youre definitely going to have to die more than 3x. faster spawning ktps and more of em helps with no players or 1000.

I agree but, we don't have 100+ players. We can adjust as we progress. Once a system is in place it is easy to change numbers.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:56 am

it seems like a waste of your time. with 100+ players everyone will want it to be endless, noone will want to die and sit for 5 minutes waiting. the areas will need to be enlarged and have more paths and more ktps in the future, that is inevitable unless we stay at 43 players forever, or the gear obtained in the areas becomes worthless trash.

your altnutkick system can just as easily wait as much as a map change. however the map change is 100% needed with more players, the nutkick system most likely isnt needed at all with alot more players, larger maps, and more ktps.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:26 am

Well, I think even with 100 players online you'd still need a limit of some sort. Maybe only 2 minutes wait time but I'd still think something would be added to prevent unlimited battles. I do agree with the map expanding, and that's defo if we get more players though.

Honestly a simple logoff timer of 1 minute might be the easiest thing on death/unsafe area, though dunno how people would feel about that.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:38 pm

I have like 12 25ers and access to an awful lot more. I don't enjoy alt switching forever to win a fight. I still want my alts to use for other fights/oads/eventing. They aren't useless man, you keep saying that like it's fact but that's just your opinion.

Same as it is my opinion that the necessity of alt stacking to win fights is bad. Atm you -will- win fights if your team of 6 has 4 alts each and can cycle through them quickly as needed. We seem to be on the same page in that this is an issue, but I don't think adding ktp rooms everywhere and anywhere is smart design.

Another thing to consider is that some people only have 1 or 2 25ers. They are less valuable in the current situation and that's not a good thing. I think it is discouraging for someone like that when the rest of their team alt changes and they are stuck waiting or going back with sickness.

I think a logoff timer is a possible solution. It would only need to be after death though, not in any unsafe area.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:26 pm

i like the death log off timer idea, typically i wait til sickness has worn off anyway.

what i mean by having alts being worthless is if u have access to bard/priest a couple slayers/heavy dps, a chanter, and a high resist character you have ultimately no reason to train new alts. especially if you cant run the extras in to fight anyway.
account sharing already eliminates the necessity for each player to train support/oad help opposed to borrowing. this is also why accounts need to lock to the first pc/ip that logs onto them each day.

it isnt only about zombying there has to be some sort of server longevity purpose to keep training. otherwise why dont we just start at level 25 with white equips and log on at oad timers, wage war to better our gear, and log off.

as dumb as it is to kill the same person 5 or 6 times until you fail and die yourself, its just as dumb to level a bunch of characters to 25 just to use your original 25er for every fight and quite possibly everything else entirely. its also dumb just playing at reset 4 7 9 for a few minutes each day persevering through countless oads for a max of 5-7 extra armor. maybe some sort of upkeep cost for 25ers or forced reallocation after X amount of time. content seems more adequate to prevent zombying, isnt as much of a deal if every oad timer had 4-5 solo oads, a large oad, and a few 3-4 person oads all at the same time.

this game has little to do besides train, this thread wants to accomplish making that even more pointless. the problem has been addressed and all the reasonable solutions have been mentioned. guess its up to development to decide how essential training should be.

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Terron wrote:what i mean by having alts being worthless is if u have access to bard/priest a couple slayers/heavy dps, a chanter, and a high resist character you have ultimately no reason to train new alts. especially if you cant run the extras in to fight anyway.

Similar to what Jake said, each 25er I own have their use in different scenario. I don't want to be fighting the same fight for 30+ minutes, limiting the number of times someone can log another alt to a fight needs to happen.

account sharing already eliminates the necessity for each player to train support/oad help opposed to borrowing. this is also why accounts need to lock to the first pc/ip that logs onto them each day.

Off topic, but this is not an ideal solution if people plays ember on multiple PCs. I personally play daily on my laptop and main PC, both at home.

Honestly a simple logoff timer of 1 minute might be the easiest thing on death/unsafe area, though dunno how people would feel about that.

At first I was against the logoff death timer, but thinking about it more it might be a reasonable solution to the alt hordes that we see. I do like the account death sickness as well, but that might be a more complicated solution than we currently need.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:22 pm

I mean I can literally adjust it now with little change on death.. One line of coding. Similar system to when you pick up the crimson scales and the longer timer effect. What would be a good base to start with? 1 minute? Can be adjusted anyways. Could also be based on number of in a row deaths. I.E. 1 minute, 1 minute 30 seconds, 2 minutes (max)

Return to “Archive Chat”