Death sickness account wide?

Folder

Death sickness account wide?

Postby Folder » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:16 pm

Game is fuckin broken now tbh. Kill someone? No matter they just run back. Kill them again cause rez sick? Ok alt change. Kill that alt? Ok alt change again.

Frankly it's beyond broken. Dying means nothing anymore when people have 3-5+ 25ers. Can sickness be account wide? Can't change characters after death? Something gotta be done to make deaths actually mean anything, the game has turned into nothing but RUN BACK EVERY ALT YOU HAVE. It's not fun.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Death sickness account wide?

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:31 am

Could be computer ID based but not possible yet because effects aren't account wide yet atm, Would wonder how people feel about something like that.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:11 am

I have basically one alt, so i'd love this to be honest - i can return to combat at least once, but after that... well, lets just say you can drop your stats to 0 with enough deaths :D
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:26 am

Yay, and nay, I'm in the middle.

It would have to be comp id, otherwise there will just be a billion accounts made. (Exaggeration )

:popcorn:

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:04 am

I agree in general that death means quite a lot to a sub-25er but almost next to nothing to a 25er (and as Folder pointed out, especially to someone who has multiple 25ers).

Instead of implementing account or computer ID based deathsickness, wouldn't it be easier to just make it impossible to log a character until deathsickness finishes (eg like the 10 sec countdown timer that prevents u logging while in combat or in the wild)??... This way your only choices are run back with a deathsick character or wait it out until deathsickness countdown timer finishes to log a different fresh one.

Shrug... Game dynamics are probably broken on many fronts tho... But thought I'd chime in for a change on something where I actually somewhat agree with Folder lol. Peace.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:12 am

Could also make death sickness your combat timer yeah. The issue with that though is if they have another account they can swap. The computer ID can still be abused obviously but it's far more immune to abuse because most sane people would swap computers like swapping accounts. It is easier to TOS that too.

Under 25ers get less death sickness and a extra death really, it's not so bad for em because normally they aren't focused on PVP until 25.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:48 am

NiteHawk wrote:Could also make death sickness your combat timer yeah. The issue with that though is if they have another account they can swap. The computer ID can still be abused obviously but it's far more immune to abuse because most sane people would swap computers like swapping accounts. It is easier to TOS that too.

Under 25ers get less death sickness and a extra death really, it's not so bad for em because normally they aren't focused on PVP until 25.

On a completely unrelated note, we all love you.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:05 am

I agree this should be looked into and something needs to be changed, either account based or comp id. I do not think death sickness should prevent you from logging out until it goes away. Whatever change that gets implemented should only effect 25ers and possibly remove death sickness if you are warped to an event arena.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

ajcapone

Postby ajcapone » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:27 am

Wasn't that big a problem a couple months ago....

ajcapone

Postby ajcapone » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:28 am

Also I heart jadefalcon and ohko

Return to “Archive Chat”