Friends List

Elvis

Friends List

Postby Elvis » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:35 pm

I know we all have friends in different clans and such, and we don't know and or can't keep up with every single alt they have. So what about a friends list type ordeal. /friend add TheKing "would have to /friend every alt the person had they could give you this information. Make it to where only you can see what you two are talking about. Other people on your friends list can't see you two talking. for instance. I have castle and Grace and Nitehawk on my friends list. I would have to type /fc Nitehawk What ya doing? and only he could see this message. It would also alert you when people logged on such as guild does. We know friends become enemies so a /friend remove would be needed as well. Just an idea.
Elvis! The one and Only KING! P.S - Remember that!

Abstract

Re: Friends List

Postby Abstract » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:43 pm

I think this a great idea. I just started playing a few days ago and I've met some pretty interesting people outside of my guild. I'd like to keep in touch with them but I find it's tough because a lot of players have several 25ers or other alts. If I decided to stop playing that character, and they decided to stop playing a character then a complete friendship might be missed or lost.

I have personally been helped by my own guildies, random strangers, and rival guild members. I think it's important to keep those friendships going, and it would be great if the game had features to help facilitate that.

The reality is this is a small community, and I think a friends list would definitely help newer players if nothing else.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:07 am

I think this is worth exploring.
Im still hanged up on us not having clear account identifiers, i have no idea who half the people in my clan are (i dont recognize the alts)...
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:16 am

Yeah it's a good idea I think.

To be honest Jade, I don't like having accounts as a public thing. It's more of a security risk and it's not needed.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:39 am

It is easy to give someone the name of any of your alts :)
How about a way to add alts to a name...

Hmmm let me explain.
Bob is your friend.
His alts are Geezer, Bob, Jimmy and Tim and he gives you those names.
You can then attach the alts to your friend Bob. So when chatting on your friend list to Bob, each of the alts you have attached to his name will show Bob on your friend list when they are online:
Geezer (Bob)
Bob (Bob)
Jimmy (Bob)
Tim (Bob)
And it will show messages with the name/alt name.
Actually... something like this might be handy for guilds.

Optional:
So you can be notified when Bob logs on/off any of them alts (optional).
A way to see who is on your friend list (like guild name list).
Ability to leave small messages (again like guild stuff - in fact just plagiarise some of the guild stuff that is relevant).
etc.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:18 am

Well you would only give your account name to people you trust. And the other party needs to have you in that list for it to even work, if one person removes, then both sides get removed.

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:38 pm

Plus 1

And if on a side noye, if we could do world chat with predetermined question, ie we had old stuff on forums about /lfg , looking for group, so a new player whom is getting pked a lot could lfg to find a party, meet up with people and level. This could be a solution.

Return to “Archive Chat”