Hirelings

daedroth

Hirelings

Postby daedroth » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:24 am

I think this was mentioned before (probably by me), but all this talk about 2 alt limits and making it easier for players to level... yadda yadda.

Hirelings/Mercenaries you can hire/recruit from a building in the relevant city.

Ideas/Options:
-Basic classes: caster, healer, fighter or whatever,
-Races: optional, +/- to certain statistics to suit the race options, I want a sheep one,
-Traits: sort of like the races, but may be easier to handle, you choose their trait "agile", "tough", "well rounded", could even be random, I want "fluffy soft", FIXED
-Can only have one in party (or even only use-able if you are solo),
-Tiered: level 1 - 7, 8 - 14, 15 - 20, anything higher is optional, but 20th could be the cut off. You can only hire from your tier level or below - just like equipment,
-Gear: option to give them gear based on "class" this could be special buys like the ranger tame gear or equipment that you have spare, best you don't know what gear I want for my fluffy soft sheep.
-Limit: You are limited to X amount of hirelings, I would like a flock of fluffy soft sheep with dubious equipment.

Payment (options - could be a mixture of the options below):
-One off payment,
-Time based payment: the time they are active adds up, once it reaches a point you get charged a fee then timer is reset, this can be taken from hand or bank, if you don't have the money hireling dissapears and no other hireling can be hired until the payment is made,
-Kill fee: every time you/they/party kills something (optional: quest reward gold) they get a %,
-Death fee: If they die you need to spend gold to re-spawn them (based on initial fee, but at a much reduced rate, I don't think this option would be popular).
Last edited by daedroth on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Re: Hirelings

Postby JadeFalcon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:08 am

I like. We could even give them our own equipment! Make our own parties with NPCs!
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:17 am

Restrict level 24 max. It's not good if they have 5 ninjas and hire 5 hireling...

:popcorn:

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:28 am

daedroth wrote:... -Can only have one in party (or even only use-able if you are solo) ...

@Styx
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”