[Suggestion] PvP Healing Fatigue

daedroth

Re: [Suggestion] PvP Healing Fatigue

Postby daedroth » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:16 am

A stacked de/buff... hmmm... basically add a morale stat?
Player/Party deaths deducts from the morale (of the player/party that suffered the death) and the reverse happens when you kill an enemy.
Although this hinges on actually killing something.
If you were to add damage... then clerics would get morale from healing (at a reduced rate - since they can heal for a lot, and that's all they will usually be doing in a group pvp fight) and everyone else from damage given/taken, thiefs from robbing (dont think that would happen much in pvp though).
Morale eventually drains/raises until it is neutral again (tick regen/degen?).
What about barbarians... how would it work for them?
Anyway, im still slightly sick, so I am going now before I develop a head ache. I do not like to think at the best of times :)

Addition:
Morale could be linked/replace with death sickness.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:14 am

It's been awhile since I bothered to post any suggestions but thought I'd throw a simplistic one here.

The tried and tested way that I've seen priests fail in OAD parties happens when facing AOE damage (eg Ancient Minotaur, Flame Sally) cos they can't keep up (since there is no AOE heal like lifetap)

Therefore perhaps introducing AOE damage as a skill on certain classes would be a good way to mix up the pvp strategy regarding heals. I think I vaguely saw NH mentioned introducing some new classes soon (3 was it?) ... Perhaps some/one of these could have a low damage melee AOE attack (eg circa 80? damage x4 attacks that hits all in the opponents party, based on AGI dodge of individual party members) and another which has a low damage magical AOE attack (similar damage but penetrates based on MR resist instead of AGI). These attacks would be pretty useless in 1v1 but find their niche in breaking pvp party stalemates. Helps make these new classes relevant for something too. Shrugs. Peace.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 am

Used to be that old spell Magestrom in Rok, but then cleric has lifetap old Rok too.
AoE's would be nice (I think their planned though?), imagine a barbarian with whirlwind! All attacks gone, but everything out of party is hit :D.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”