Newbie Suggestion

Elvis

Newbie Suggestion

Postby Elvis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 pm

We are having a problem keeping new players especially if they don’t use the /newbie command. At this point we can’t tell who is new and who really isn’t. What if something was put ingame that checked a players computer ID or MAC address when they made an acct and if they were an actual real new player it broadcasted to the world

>>><<< Everyone welcome “Gigglebox” to Ember Online!>>><<<

This would be announce global so everyone could see and attempt to help the play and strike up social conversation and help get them in guilds and find friends and keep them interested. Like I said I try to help new players, but if they don’t use /newbie I have no idea who is new and who isn’t when a new character is made. Thoughts everyone?
Elvis! The one and Only KING! P.S - Remember that!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Suggestion

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 pm

/newbie is auto on new accounts though. It wouldn't really change because people who abuse it to pretend to be new simply use a different computer, spoof their IP, use a VPN, etc. It might be a good idea though to announce new characters (first time logins) though so people have some sort of knowledge, which is a good idea, though regardless you can't trust if they are new players or not, too easy to spoof.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:08 am

Yeh, there are a few games that announce new players/characters. I +1 this :)
Actually... there was a game that gave me a ticket that you could sell to a player... some chap bought mine for heaps of money. I digress though.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:50 am

I like it.
<Silhouette>

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:52 am

This is a great idea. I would even suggest the message gets queued up for veterans (maybe for ones that have /helper turned on) so when they first log on they can see all the new players since they last login.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:14 am

Ohko wrote:This is a great idea. I would even suggest the message gets queued up for veterans (maybe for ones that have /helper turned on) so when they first log on they can see all the new players since they last login.

Good idea too.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:40 am

I think this is a good idea.

I would introduce two things:
- Make a ban-able offence to pretend to be a newbie: You can argue that newbes get given advantages that vets dont, which is true. And it will be bad if people abuse the system
- Allow people to at registry say that they are NOT newbies, for the case of veteran players that want a second account.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:43 am

That's actually a really good idea.

Thumbs up +1

:popcorn:

Return to “Archive Chat”