Wards.

Terron

Wards.

Postby Terron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:37 pm

i was thinking about casters not being able to block incoming spells. so i thought of a cool way that counterspelling and spell deflections could be implemented into the game. i give yo wards. wards would act similar to shields except not block melee attacks and not boost armor class.

basically shields remain the same. casters would gain a shield slot but could only equip wards. wards would have a spell deflection stat instead that just blocks spells. basically you are left with:

Divine Deflector: (shield)
Crafted from the refined and purified hexes, this shield is surrounded by a slight aura of power and will serve its owner well. Divine Deflector glows brilliantly. It is soulbound to xxx. This item has an armor value of 16. This item is classified as a shield and has a level restriction of 25+.

Divine Ward: (Ward)
Crafted from the refined and purified hexes, this shield is surrounded by a slight aura of power and will serve its owner well. Divine Ward glows brilliantly. It is soulbound to xxx. This item has a Spell Deflection bonus of 16. This item is classified as a Ward and has a level restriction of 25+. Wards grant a 5% counterspell chance for mages. This item can be equipped by your class.

shields and wards would block at the same rate just different damage types.

for clerics and paladins i suggest either they can equip either shield or ward. but also some class specific "sigil shields".
sigil shields would be a baance of defense vs both physical and magic. so in all it looks like

Divine Sigil:(Holy Sigil)
Crafted from the refined and purified hexes, this shield is surrounded by a slight aura of power and will serve its owner well. Divine Sigil glows brilliantly. It is soulbound to xxx. This item has an armor value of 8 and a Spell deflection bonus of 8. This item is classified as a Sigil and has a level restriction of 25+. Sigils grant clerics/paladins with 5% less fizzle chance. This item can be equipped by your class.

basically i think this would open some options up for casters and diversify healers a bit.

thoughts?
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Folder

Re: Wards.

Postby Folder » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Sheeit. Dis a good idea I like it. Diversity and item choices is a great thing for keeping people doing stuff.
<Silhouette>

Snyper

Postby Snyper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:34 pm

It's a novel idea but as of right now I really can't back anything that benefits sorcs or necro classes. Things are a little shifted to their favor right now and to make them stronger I just don't know. The idea is nice, tho.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:53 pm

it doesnt really benefit them tho. it just adds a dynamic. since the only boosts you are receiving are against other magicians. if anything the boost is minor for cleric and guard, sacrificing melee armor for spell blocks. id have to say with how guards perform and arent used in any 1v1 events really this might help.

magicians really need something so the underhanded mage races arent 100% gobbled up aswell. you will almost never see a ling/human/helf mage win vs the other top end mage builds without something like this. they definitely dont win enough to be made very often.

i play a chanter almost nothing else really, currently i think they are powerful not because of mr, but because of how there is no blocks. a single mage in 6v6 is just a piece of meat. 4 casters in group make everyone else meat cuz they will combined hit 5-7x which kills someone. i dont think they are underpowered but i think they are pretty balanced, and will only get worse with anti magic damage prefix/suffix gear.

i dont really pay no mind to koth and 1v1s because the data is skewed to the maximum. dms rape koth..well ofc they do wither is autohit now and subtracts 2+ wisdom, they leech and gain 35-40 hps a stam(50 with div..) and somehow this isnt capped. faerie fire is banned wither is not...heal song is banned leech is not. theres no balance in it. and the #1 reason is noone uses maximum mr to defeat magic. tell me 1 time an elf or gnome melee character was in koth? people expect 16 wisdom to magically be high mr and 18 wisdom to be mage proof.

nitehawk gave everyone the real details 18 wis is 56% dodge of spells, avg agility (21) is typically around 56% dodge of melee attacks(most opponents have 23 agi). melee attacks are gobbled up with absorbs, magic isnt. there is no way a mage can be considered OP when slayers hit 5-8 buttons and make people disappear.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”