Make PvP opt-in

Cydon

Make PvP opt-in

Postby Cydon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:35 pm

If you made pvp opt-in maybe people would actually play this game...or just keep having a whopping ~10 players on at a time that are most likely in the same guild and are likely alt accounts anyway. I'm serious, if you just made PVP opt-in you would have AN ACTUAL PLAYERS BASE. The people who play now, just abuse PVP by not letting new players level who DONT JOIN THEIR GUILD (all 2 of them). If you actually want change and for people to play the game, just make it opt-in. Is it really that hard to swallow some pride and make an opt-in for pvp? OR listen to the last ~10 players who are the leaders and or henchment of the two ONLY guilds on the server since they practically run the entire game anyway.

Terron

Re: Make PvP opt-in

Postby Terron » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:14 pm

who pks? we fight at oads, pretty much it.

i mean sure lets have a pvp opt in. those who opt out instantly die when entering dragon squares,oads, control crystals, or when buffing/healing true pvp characters, they get no access to control shops.

i dont see how having no pvp will draw more players. ive played alot of muds since 1995. the ones with no pvp never had players.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Boon

Postby Boon » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:55 pm

Terron wrote:who pks? we fight at oads, pretty much it.

This statement is false I am trying to lvl up my first character and I pretty much get killed on sight.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:48 pm

yeah but october -january when this topic was relevant there wasnt even 1 pker playing the game. considering you are in empire, your biggest 3 concerns are probably tyrargo rush/tempest and arsenal/vietgnome.

tyrargo was absent or a long period during that time, jake doesnt play and i didnt even pk at all(outside of oads) til february. i didnt start pking until i was harassed for 5 hours straight and couldnt tame a gd montain goat for half a day because of empire. here we are 700 pks later. you get what you give.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 am

Boon wrote:

This statement is false I am trying to lvl up my first character and I pretty much get killed on sight.

Empire tried to pk me when I was levelling a couple of days ago!

Some tips maybe?
1) Don't leave home without potions (and have their use macrod).
2) Level in a group if you can (I don't, but it can act as a deterrent, Empire has the most active players so there's bound to be someone there levelling).
3) Keep your health high (you are at your most vulnerable from level 16 - 19, after that you USUALLY have the hit points/dodge/MR to survive - IF your health is near max).
4) Run to a safe spot at the most convenient opportunity (ie: when your not exhausted) if you see someone (you can always check who they are when you are in your safe spot).
5) Minimise loses by banking periodically (basically once you have enough of something that losing it would hurt that is the time to bank, experience lose is pretty low and can be made back pretty quickly).

Aight, I'm off.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:20 am

Boon wrote:

If you are a new player, just tell people that pk'ed you, you might find considerable sympathy.
And be polite about it (or at least dont go "you %$&%$£&% )$%£(%$£%($£!!!!"

(not saying you would do this of course)
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:31 am

you will also find out that anyone trying to pk fails 90% of the time unless they amass a group for it. group pking is a thing but generally that group is targeting a specific person. not usually a new person. unless they are leader of the exp party. also when update comes through exp loss will be gone for low levels iirc.

Return to “Archive Chat”