Consider letting another person have access to reset server when it crashes?

Folder

Consider letting another person have access to reset server when it crashes?

Postby Folder » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:17 pm

This has come up a fair number of times, server crashes at a time when NH is sleeping and Dustin isn't available. I know you're real picky about this stuff NH but I think it might be worth considering letting someone else be able to reset server if it crashes. Lat maybe?
<Silhouette>

Ohko

Re: Consider letting another person have access to reset server when it crashes?

Postby Ohko » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:26 am

Relating to the crashes, it seems like the crystal dragon have been the cause of a few of these recent crashes.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Consider letting another person have access to reset server when it crashes?

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:44 am

No. Sorry. No ones having access to the exe. I'll maybe figure out a method to have it be rebooted via a message of some sort in which I'll give access to Lat or Lav possibly, but I'm not letting anyone have direct access to the files to reboot the server. I'll see what I can do about it.

Yeah I heard about the crystal dragon, need more info though. Does it have minions when it occurs, is the minion about to die? etc.

It seems odd. I'm not sure what's doing it yet. It looks to me like something to do with death of something but it's not the crystal dragon itself.

That being said, I do need to fix the scripting bug that is causing this. It's been a problem for some time now and normally has to do with a script being called/fired when the script holder is dead, causing a access to memory error. The problem is it's pretty much recoding the whole script system as I've talked about. I probably need to work on it I guess sooner than later. When LUA is normally called it's synclocked to prevent crashes but for some reason it still occurs sometimes.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:55 am

Actually I might have an idea on why the crash occurs. Even though I synclock I need to probably check on death before the next synclock fires so the script doesn't run. I'll have to test it out next update. Maybe we can have a bash test and see if we can crash it then.

Edit: Actually I lied, that is already occurring, damit.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:51 am

i think its crystal orb. crystal orb selects a target and usually attacks the same person 8-10x in a row. the crash seems to only happen during pvp on the dragon square itself. and when the orbs target gets pked and someone else takes that characters position in room order usually popping out of hide or fade.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:01 pm

About all I can say is the moment it crashed 1) there was an orb up and 2) a chanter had just blasted it and would have come out of being faded but it crashed right then.

There was no active PvP but there had been about 5 seconds before it crashed.
<Silhouette>

Rigs

Postby Rigs » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Can't we just get a read-only batch file to check if the .exe is not running or not responding and relaunch it?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Rigs wrote:Can't we just get a read-only batch file to check if the .exe is not running or not responding and relaunch it?

Sometimes when theres a vio error and it crashes not even a batch file can remove it, and the problem is it still hogs the port so you can't relaunch it. I'm hoping to solve the vio error next patch, at least a cheap work around.

Return to “Archive Chat”