Item/Monster Information and Potions.

daedroth

Item/Monster Information and Potions.

Postby daedroth » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:21 am

Lateralus wrote:As for monster info being public I’m all for that and have always been for that. I see no reason why we shouldn’t be able to /research <monster> and see its stats and drop chances (this might actually help us build find errors in our work). Most other games have databases built for that I see it as a plus.

I took the above from the "Lets get this straight" topic.

How is the information on items (and maybe at some point monsters) done?
Are the values of the item... eh... cant think of a better way to put this... hyperlinked to the item properties/values in the database? So, you r-click and examine an item and the script gets the information from the item/game database?
To expand on that, would it be possible to show the "naked values" always and have some kind of note saying this. This would make it easier if bless/enchant values were changed (and just in general).
I also propose that Damage Absorption for armour, block rates for shields and min/max damage for weapons be shown.

Another idea about potions:
Food/Drink replenishes an amount of HP/MP based on a % of the HP/MP of the user... Wouldn't it make sense for potions to do the same (or atleast a set # + %)?
:popcorn:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Re: Item/Monster Information and Potions.

Postby Folder » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:53 am

daedroth wrote:Another idea about potions:
Food/Drink replenishes an amount of HP/MP based on a % of the HP/MP of the user... Wouldn't it make sense for potions to do the same (or atleast a set # + %)?
:popcorn:

No because why should the dwarf knight with 1,400 HP get 300 HP back from pots when the Gnome caster with 1,000 HP gets back 200?
<Silhouette>

JadeFalcon

Re: Item/Monster Information and Potions.

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:15 am

I would love to have that research ability...
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Return to “Archive Chat”