pickpocketing

Terron

pickpocketing

Postby Terron » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:08 pm

here's an idea for thief to make them important or even usable outside of standing on a square for 30s for drop chance...i really wish all 12 classes were main caliber classes.

the idea is to physically rob your opponents of items some items would be harder and the skill would be generally low magnitude anyway.

syntax:
/rob <taget> <item>
ie /rob nighthawk crystal elixir

some of the fun is that pickpocketing comes with a little guesswork as they may not even have the item you are trying to steal. this obviously doesnt include equipped/soulbound items.

-stealing potions/mana is relatively the easiest and on success acquire 1-3 randomly from your target.
-keys/small objects such as rope/lantern etc -20% chance at success
-weapons/helms/instruments -50%
-chest armor/shields -75%

#makebriggreatagain
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: pickpocketing

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:39 pm

I'm not sure about equipment as that might cause some big drama, but stealing items might be a thing.

I don't know if being specific would be needed. Perhaps they could simply /swipe and they'd get potions and other variations of unsb'ed items, etc. That might make it super interesting in combat. I can imagine them being used to swipe potions in PVP, whut rage that might be.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:55 pm

Stealing potions would be pretty neato, I dig it. No to weapons and armor though, plz. That would make me never want to bother farming the best gear just for some lucky brigand to steal it from me. Also lore-wise, I mean, I can't imagine someone just stealing the armor off your back lol.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:57 am

Yea I think potions and and even mats would be pretty cool. Say someone was our farming and you could snatch some of the materials they were collecting.

I’m not sure if it being random would be more interesting than you having to select what to snatch but I think random is more fun. Selecting is more tactical (removing pots) imagine being down in than and swiping some hex that would be cool.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:48 am

wouldnt be stealing their equipment lol. as i said nothing soulbound or equipped.

if a player gets a raider's edge at a raider, u could attempt to steal it with a pretty low chance. nothing too huge.

if a thief cant steal its pointless. the shell theory log on for 33% boost isnt enough to make the class "main" caliber

the fun is in the guesswork imo. players could carry different kinds of potions to sort of block beng robbed for a short time til the thief catches on.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Ah didn't see that line, ok. I do like the idea of thieves being better than they are. I'm not sold on having to type exact item names though, might be more fun to just let rng take its course.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:22 pm

I do agree with Folder here about RNG and a chance. I don't know about specific item swiping though I'm interested to know others who have posted on their take on how they'd feel about either RNG or specific.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:44 pm

if its just rng youll be taking stuff like secret documents iron ores torches and have absolutely no way to get rid of them. if u drop them, youll be retaking them all over.

maybe desgnate a target /rob nitehawk (pots(1) mana (2) key (3) etc etc) kinda like how you designate songs 1 2 3/regen power/int

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:30 am

Terron wrote:if its just rng youll be taking stuff like secret documents iron ores torches and have absolutely no way to get rid of them. if u drop them, youll be retaking them all over.

maybe desgnate a target /rob nitehawk (pots(1) mana (2) key (3) etc etc) kinda like how you designate songs 1 2 3/regen power/int

I could see a half RNG sort of thing. /rob (itemtype).

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:25 am

So this would work:
ThiefA /Rob potion Terron
=>You Rob terron of 5 blood potions!
=>You attempt to rob terron of potions, but he has none
=>You attempt to rob terron of potions, but fail
=>Your inventory is full, you can't rob!

Some things that come to my mind:
- How many potions per rob? one? a whole stack? I think that for the Brig be of use, it needs to be a higher number versus a smaller number.
- If Rob is failed, does the brigand become vulnerable, like when rob failing a mob? This might be a liability in combat.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Return to “Archive Chat”