Stamina Regen Rework

daedroth

Stamina Regen Rework

Postby daedroth » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Cant remember how long a "turn" lasts but... say it is 10 secs.
With one stamina, you can use an attack then wait 10 minutes to attacks again.
With two stamina you can use both attacks and then 10 seconds from your last attack you can attack again.
Fair enough so far.
If you have 3 (or whatever number of stamina) stamina use two attacks (or one or all but one stamina), it still takes 10 seconds to get your stamina to 3 (maximum) again, getting wonky now.
So if you use one attack wait 7 seconds, to use another, bar refreshes and you have to wait 10 seconds to getboth your stamina back.
Why not "turn" time / by stamina? = 1 stamina back.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Stamina Regen Rework

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:13 am

daedroth wrote:Cant remember how long a "turn" lasts but... say it is 10 secs.
With one stamina, you can use an attack then wait 10 minutes to attacks again.
With two stamina you can use both attacks and then 10 seconds from your last attack you can attack again.
Fair enough so far.
If you have 3 (or whatever number of stamina) stamina use two attacks (or one or all but one stamina), it still takes 10 seconds to get your stamina to 3 (maximum) again, getting wonky now.
So if you use one attack wait 7 seconds, to use another, bar refreshes and you have to wait 10 seconds to getboth your stamina back.
Why not "turn" time / by stamina? = 1 stamina back.

It's actually 8 seconds at the moment. Also been talking about reducing it to 6.

The biggest problem with this IMO is that I don't think it should be split. You're benefiting classes that don't need to use all attacks like clerics. I'm not sure if you guys realize the impact on this more than just attacking. With the reduction to 6 seconds, it means each attack regens at 1.5 seconds.

The problem I see is exactly that. A priest could heal every 1.5 seconds if they time it right which isn't hard. The actual exhaust right now gives a chance for people to actually kill. I don't see a real easy way of balancing heals that way. I mean I understand right now that heals are a bit OP, so we're taking a look at that, but I don't see a easy solution in balancing heals if they could heal 1.5 seconds without some sort of major overhaul.

Return to “Archive Chat”