Level 23 Items

Rigs

Level 23 Items

Postby Rigs » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:12 am

I'm bringing exactly 0 facts to this thread.
Takes something like 20 mil to get to level 20? Is it 40 mil? Can't remember. Fact of the matter is, 20 or 40 mil is still 1/16th to 1/8th of what it takes to get to 25. You spend the great majority of your non-25 life with a level 20 weapon. I'd be willing to bet that at least 15% of the people who've played ember have stopped before they've hit level cap on at least one character.

EXP Boosters are cool.
The champion points weapons are cool. (150 point btw)

Can we get some level 23 weapons that are focused on making your day a bit easier as a leveler?

For example level 23 weapons with the same power as a level 20 weapon that do maybe 5 or 10% more damage to enemy NPCs. Or maybe 5% better hit chance against NPCs (while your level is 24 or lower). It just feels so tedious. Yes it's traditional. Everyone here has played RoK. But it's nice to see some progression when you really hit the grind phase of 23-25. I know companions are meant to help, but we're still talking about earning almost half of the total experience you need from 1-25 in the matter of two levels. It takes something like 40% of your total experience to level from 23 to 25.

For example the staff of summoning and glowing emerald dagger could have an extra hit or damage modifier against NPCs. Others would obviously need to be added.

With the advent of account based sickness, this would have almost no downside; the only negative which comes to mind is the "leveling market" which is barely existent and probably wouldn't be affected.
The game, as it stands, doesn't need these items. But I feel like they would be a much appreciated benefit to new players and veterans alike.

Along with myself, there are quite a few people who've I've been speaking to, who get completely burned out in the last 50-100 mil. It's rough, and it should be, because 25ers are rewarding; However; unlike old RoK, we see a different style of loot progression. Instead of a scarab blade with the possible brill enchant, there is so much more to min-max now. With hums, event items, dailies, and purchased accessories. It takes far longer to actually deck out a 25er than it does to make one.

In conclusion, leveling is a bitch.

Rigs

Re: Level 23 Items

Postby Rigs » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:19 am

I apparently cannot locate the edit button, but please refrain from mentioning the level 23 event items added to the game with a 2-4% chance of dropping when you die.

1. No body uses them.
2. They are not obtainable.
3. They're literally useless.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:18 am

imo max stamina should be dropped down to level 23. in return classes should lose a skill or ability until level 25 to compensate. an example is assassin could lose track or even autosneak.

the exp required on classes could be modified a bit to compensate for the 12ish percent theyd gain exp faster. but im being honest that exp table needs work anyway, alot of the best classes take 300m while some of the worst take 350
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Rigs

Postby Rigs » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:40 am

Not a bad idea making stam drop to 23. In return you could reduce damage a bit across the board and add a damage modifier achieved at level 25 to bring characters back up to their expected abilities.

Return to “Archive Chat”