changing the 1v1 standard.

Terron

changing the 1v1 standard.

Postby Terron » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Koth and TGC are the bread and butter of our staple events atm. yet the most of the classes we have arent built for the combat. knights are for the most part over the top atm. they were before the new abilities aswell, just noone wanted to let their guard down vs a caster and not take that monk mr bonus.

However, this thread isnt about the balance issues. im here to make a suggestion and a request.

REQUEST:
id like to request that heal limits be changed to make these classes viable. i think 1 heal per round or atleast every other round would be sufficient to give those healers a slim chance or maybe just raise it to 5 per fight. remember, more stam healing is less damage output as well. i think it could be tested and have a new limit.

SUGGESTION:
remove the year long metas from koth and tgc by selecting 3 classes at random each month that can enter the events. this can be posted on boards and discord, and announced on broadcasts.

OTHER:
im aware that this will for the most part break the "king/prince" system. however, i believe that instead of having to win 4 in a row, it should be changed to 10-12 overall wins consisting of tgc and koth(possibly 15 if the armors become account bound instead). the armors themselves should probably be acct bound by now anyway.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Rodeo

Re: changing the 1v1 standard.

Postby Rodeo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 pm

I think that for 1 vs 1 events like this maybe going to a round for round type combat would be more beneficial might be able to script it or just flip a coin to see who starts first. I like the proposed changes haven’t see a thief pally or cleric win a 1 v 1 ever. I tried to get smite adjusted to do more pvp so priests would stand a Snowballs chance in hell in those events. I was told that it wasn’t gonna get changed. But if it ever was smite damage increase 25% and ignores 35% of the targets MR. this could maybe be scripted into the arena instead of a claw change. /shrug good luck Pids.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:55 pm

dont need any huge overhauls or any changes really. its pretty simple to random 3 classes before each month starts and thats your 1v1 classes. the only choice is to do it elimination style (where the previous picks arent in the next group of selected until all 12 classes have been used) or just random 3 out of 12 each month and thats what you get.

this opens up alot of playability and training options (and reasons). clerics for instance can beat mages provided they can heal enough(a little rough since update changed everyone to roughly the same wisdom, or lack of wisdom. paladins may be able to edge out other melee with a few more heals. basically any class has a better shot at winning because there will be less OP class choices stacked up in each event.

i will always try wayne :P

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:09 am

Could even have race and class events (I think this has been mentioned before).
Same race or class events (all sauria or all knight etc) and race vs race events (group fights, no class restrictions, drows vs sauria etc).
Mind you low MR races might be at disadvantage. Could make race based teams, need one of each race for the team etc etc
Drow + horc + sauria + human + whatever
dwarf + gnome + ling + human + whatever
etc etc, bah humbug.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:52 am

id just like a mix up honestly. one month you might see a minstrel as the mainline DPSer, or a melee priest is a top competitor when its an all caster draw. anything is better than feeding ninjas and cavaliers pp for another 3 years.

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:38 am

Personally, if they can't do it 1 vs 1 then it's either wrong type or class needs adjusted.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:34 pm

i mean frankly alot of classes need balancing

heal limits need work etc.

basically you have a class with bonus hps, highest armor, shields, extra attacks(bash), bonus hit rate, damage reduction (taunt), and power attack skills. the best dps races obviously have no mr, however u can get high mr and relatively close dps and melee stats with helf/dark elf and goblin, and looks like its very apparent now.

imo instead of balancing 1v1s which is nearly impossible with the given classes and set ups, you can just make it less of a factor by picking 3 classes per month.

be nice to want all 12 classes again and maybe even variations

Return to “Archive Chat”