Class Title Change

daedroth

Class Title Change

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:58 am

Stray thought:
With mention of possible new classes for the future etc.
Why not get rid of the class titles
Ie: Fights/Knight/Cavalier
Change the titles to:
Novice Knight (1 - 7), Knight (8 - 14), Veteran Knight (15 - 19), Elite Knight (20 - 24), Paragon Knight (25)
Novice Cleric, Cleric, Veteran Cleric, Elite Cleric, Paragon Cleric.
Then you could open up some class titles to have their own class option.
Rogue could become a hybrid fighter/thief type, Enchanter could be a more buff related class, Barbarian could be a ranger/fighter hybrid, Berserker stay as is etc etc.
A monk becoming a ninja still kinda rankles me. Makes no sense to me and I believe was only kept for nostalgic reasons.
:popcorn:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Re: Class Title Change

Postby Terron » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:17 am

yeah monk ninjas woot. :(

enchanter should be more buff oriented, however the class will be overshadowed indefinitely as long as minstrels can outbuff them in 1 stamina. insanity that an AOE buff is more powerful.

i also dont think we need title changes at all. you pick sorcerer at creation. whats wrong with just being sorcerer forever? no reason for classes taking multiple names, considering those could be possible new classes in the future.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Re: Class Title Change

Postby daedroth » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Terron wrote:yeah monk ninjas woot. :(

enchanter should be more buff oriented, however the class will be overshadowed indefinitely as long as minstrels can outbuff them in 1 stamina. insanity that an AOE buff is more powerful.

i also dont think we need title changes at all. you pick sorcerer at creation. whats wrong with just being sorcerer forever? no reason for classes taking multiple names, considering those could be possible new classes in the future.

Yeh the Veteran bit etc is just to give a rough indication of level, but it doesnt need to be there.
I look on it as how experienced your character is shows, basically they look more experiences and aged. The level is just a simulation of the character aging and getting more experienced... make sense?
But yeh it doesnt need to be as a character title, but it could be in the character description "blah blah looks like an aged veterran" You could off course get more fancy with the wording.
Be kinda a funny nasty shock for pkers attacking someone who is 25th but in a lowbie area. Assuming off course there remains a pk system of some sort.
Also some people like titles as it gives a kind of sense of accomplishment. But meh.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”