Self-buff duration indicator

Aieron

Self-buff duration indicator

Postby Aieron » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:02 am

Guessing this'll wait till the new client, but it'd be great to see when haste/stoneskin/etc are about to wear off.

With the new druid morph, I've been missing when I need to refresh haste. Even having the text for when beneficial buffs fade stand out more via colors could improve things.

Lateralus

Re: Self-buff duration indicator

Postby Lateralus » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:48 pm

Yea this would be nice but I can see how it would be complicated with all the buffs a player could have on them at once. 1 buff bar really wouldn't work to well and mulitple could get confusing / hard to implement. Enjoy your challenge Chris!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:15 pm

Lateralus wrote:Yea this would be nice but I can see how it would be complicated with all the buffs a player could have on them at once. 1 buff bar really wouldn't work to well and mulitple could get confusing / hard to implement. Enjoy your challenge Chris!

I wouldn't do the indicators the same way in the new version. I'll probably use something more simple like for food/items similar to wow how the actual items will show a timer on them. If that isn't nice, then a circular timer could be better, maybe with seconds indicator in the middle.

For each buffed stat, it could be a simple image with a circular timer again, it doesn't need to be large, and they don't really need to have timers (maybe on hover over it can show it), but they can just start dimming in a circle and then vanish once it's gone. They can pulsate just before they leave like 3 seconds left so you know they are about to expire as well. Easier on the eyes probably that way.

They will still be client side just like the other ones, so the cient attempts to guess as best as it can. Normally it's pretty accurate and should be even if your computer farts because they are based on time stamps and then the timer just refreshes the time stamp and how much time is left, so it's accurate in that scenario..

But yeah, new client thing. Whenever that gets going. Still need to yell at Ghost again but I won't start it until we release anyways.

So in short -- There can be a buff/debuff area with small images (blue positive, red negative) and circular bar indicators so you know when they vanish. They can pulsate just before expiring.

Wripper

Postby Wripper » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 am

NiteHawk wrote: There can be a buff/debuff area with small images (blue positive, red negative) and circular bar indicators so you know when they vanish. They can pulsate just before expiring.

This! could lower the font size on players names and have whatever buff images under the name and make it so everyone in a party can see the buffs if it's possible and or not to complicated to code

Return to “Archive Chat”