Capture The Flag Event

Lateralus

Capture The Flag Event

Postby Lateralus » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:57 pm

So this is a little bit of a different event so its important to read over everything. This is a combined pvp and pve event.

Here is a little map of the capture the flag event arena.

I will warp in two teams (6 players each?) They will be a Red and Blue team.

Each side has temples for the players (you will temple on your side) because once you die you are not out of the event you just go back to your temple.

The goal of the event is to capture 2 flags and bring them back to your side. These flags act as keys and will unlock the most northern and southern doors. There is a flag on the blue and the red square and in the middle there is one violet flag which will unlock the second door.

For example if you are on the red team you will need to capture the blue flag from the blue side to unlock your first door and then the violet flag to open your second door (and win).

If you are on the blue team you will need to get the red flag from the red side and the violet flag from the middle and then return and unlock your 2 flag rooms to win.

The arena is full of trap rooms (kill to pass) to force interaction. There will also be power up npcs that will grant you great offensive or defensive power on killshot. These will be placed on the far right and left sides of the arena.

You will be able to drink potions/mana and eat/drink as well. once you die there are healing npcs that will heal you while alive or drop food/water on death.

The whole winning team will get 10pp each. People that bring back flags to unlock a door will get 5pp per door unlocked.

This is still a work in progress so any feedback is great!
Last edited by Lateralus on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Folder

Re: Capture The Flag Event

Postby Folder » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:16 pm

This sounds super cool!
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:28 pm

changed things up a little bit to simplify so be sure to read the bold parts.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:35 pm

Ok this event was ran tonight and went pretty well.

The winning team this time was Cere(flag), Klinger(flag), Associate, Sage and Gwin

From Klinger: I'm thinking the npcs need much more hp
From Klinger: like 4x-6x as much

From Klinger: Also the random team shit didnt work
[09:04] From Gynaly: I mean if they get the flag its a straight run for the goal really ?
[09:04] From Klinger: We had insane dps and no heals they had heals with not much dps

I wanted to post some feedback for myself as well as others
From Cere (to you): Need to get chris to script it so when a team gets a flag their movement is slowed drastically, giving the other team a chance to stop them
Klinger: Could make it like a autosneak thing so when you move with flag you exhaust after a few squares
yea good call maybe exh after every movement so you need someone protecting you type deal. maybe a bcast could be made too?

[09:05] From Tweak: maybe if there was a special weapon that could be made that would go to 1 member on each team that you could use to freeze/root the other team for a brief period
i guess thats kinda what those pilars do, but itd be nice to be able to have a "hunter" group to freeze and attack for evan 1 or 2 seconds

Might complicate things a bit more.

[09:08] From Gynaly: I also believe that if the team just completely rushes the flag and kills the first flag there is no stopping them
[09:08] From Gwindolyn: unless there's a way to make items go to whoever gets the KS

[09:07] From Klinger: When we were beating on the violet what was to stop a stealth or faded player from grabbing the flag and holding it til they got the blue flag?

Nothing that can be part of the tactics.

What might be fun is a single flag and 4 teams. Maybe once you die you are out?

Im thinking I might make an alternate area that might bring some of the same concepts but make things a bit more simple (both could be a thing or whichever one worked better could work too).

4 teams no temples (more simple and allows for different sized teams.

1 middle flag to collect and inside are buffers healers etc.

you need to kill vines on each side to get into the middle arena once in there the flag is surrounded by certain buffers. once you kill the flag youll have to fight your way through those same vines again.

anyways keep the ideas rolling and will mold the event to that.

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:41 am

I wouldnt go with no temple. That would just mean everyone bunches up. That sounds like one life

Return to “Archive Chat”