DISCUSSION for KotH & Jr. KotH

Folder

Re: In reference to King of the Hill

Postby Folder » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Cool!

Unless of course it matches me against div upon which time I shall make haste to the forums and commence whining.
<Silhouette>

Cerebrus

Re: In reference to King of the Hill

Postby Cerebrus » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Folder wrote:Cool!

Unless of course it matches me against div upon which time I shall make haste to the forums and commence whining.

lawl :lol:

Thi

Re: King of the Hill & Jr. King of the Hill

Postby Thi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:17 am

Cere here's a good question, why can't an assassin hide on their last movement? It's honestly part of strategy, they can still be found if someone searches for it and it would put emphasis on having int as an assassin.

If you're concerned they will hide forever make a rule not allowing consecutive rounds of hiding.
Thi
You can find me online on Lightning.

Vindal

Postby Vindal » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:33 am

Very well ran last night Cere! Even with the large turnout it went smooth. Thanks for keeping this going!

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:21 am

Thi wrote:Cere here's a good question, why can't an assassin hide on their last movement? It's honestly part of strategy, they can still be found if someone searches for it and it would put emphasis on having int as an assassin.

If you're concerned they will hide forever make a rule not allowing consecutive rounds of hiding.

Just part of the rules. Rules are now adjusted to a point it's fair to all and will not be changing in the future, with one exception

Necro's/Death Mages will only be allowed 2 leechs per fight since it is a healing spell.

I thought long and hard about it, talked with a few people and thats the fair thing to do. Otherwise what happened last night will continue to happen.

I watched a dm go from severe to healthy in one round and his oppenent go from mod to crit that same round. That would be like a priest healing to full in one round.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:22 am

Vindal wrote:Very well ran last night Cere! Even with the large turnout it went smooth. Thanks for keeping this going!

thanks :D Dustin was a big help as was the list randomizer.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:23 am

EDITED: Removed necro rule
Last edited by Cerebrus on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Cerebrus wrote:
Thi wrote:Cere here's a good question, why can't an assassin hide on their last movement? It's honestly part of strategy, they can still be found if someone searches for it and it would put emphasis on having int as an assassin.

Just part of the rules. Rules are now adjusted to a point it's fair to all and will not be changing in the future, with one exception

Necro's/Death Mages will only be allowed 2 leechs per fight since it is a healing spell.

I thought long and hard about it, talked with a few people and thats the fair thing to do. Otherwise what happened last night will continue to happen.

I watched a dm go from severe to healthy in one round and his oppenent go from mod to crit that same round. That would be like a priest healing to full in one round.

This is a really tough one to balance eh? AFAIK leech heals for like 40 a cast, maybe? I'm not sure of the thresholds for severe, crit, etc., but going from severe to healthy in one round seems impossible to me.

Their other damage spell hits for less doesn't it? DM seemed pretty good last night to be sure, and I don't have one myself to test all this but in my limited experience I wonder if this will punish them too much.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Cerebrus wrote:Necro's/Death Mages will only be allowed 2 leechs per fight since it is a healing spell.

That seems a bit excessive to me.
Does someone have a DM to say how much their leech heals for? My necro at 22

[08:44] You cast leech at a walker guardian for 113 points of damage!
[08:44] You leeched 37 hit points!
[08:44] You cast leech at a walker guardian, but it is unaffected!
[08:44] You cast leech at a walker guardian for 137 points of damage!
[08:44] You leeched 34 hit points!
[08:44] You cast leech at a walker guardian for 130 points of damage!
[08:44] You leeched 32 hit points!
[08:44] You cast leech at a walker guardian, but it is unaffected!
[08:44] A walker guardian delivers a FLURRY OF BLOWS towards a zombie with its ethereal flamberg!
[08:44] You cast leech at a walker guardian for 137 points of damage!
[08:44] You leeched 34 hit points!

With div, 22 int.
And leech is their main offensive spell. Without it the will be using beam... Doesnt seem fair to me.
PS> I have no vested interest since I am not on when it is run anyway.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Thi

Postby Thi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Cerebrus wrote:

You didn't really address my question, nor did you discuss it or argued of why it should work like that, saying "it's a rule" it's kinda of a moot point / answer.
Thi
You can find me online on Lightning.

Return to “Archive Chat”