DISCUSSION for KotH & Jr. KotH

daedroth

Re: King of the Hill & Jr. King of the Hill

Postby daedroth » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:59 am

Cerebrus wrote:EDIT: Updated Prizes and added a couple new rules.

Im not saying you can't transfer and allow someone who doesnt have a 25er to participate.

Im saying transferring to someone to sit idle on until you die on your alt, then having them transfer it back so you can play twice is wrong.

Also saying logging out before prizes are handed out, transferring to an account you are stacking pp on, then logging back in is also wrong and will be dealth with.

Eventually there will be a system in place to prevent any of this from taking place and these new rules wont be needed. Until then, this is will work.

Tsk tsk, shame on the sneaky people who will always find a way to be sneaky!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:23 am

so caster types are severely handicapped in these events? and the general populace complains half orc knights be crushin it...im at a loss for words.

is this real?

i really dont understand the gimping. should just be open class, open build, 1 full inventory of goodies, pick your poison(build), hope you last forever. if its too problematic put a cap on mana orbs. ... it isn't any wonder the world is 1/2 half-orcs.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:10 am

You haven't actually done 1v1 in this game have you?

The only thing that is "gimped" is heals because it's impossible to kill a healer 1v1.
<Silhouette>

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Terron wrote:so caster types are severely handicapped in these events? and the general populace complains half orc knights be crushin it...im at a loss for words.

is this real?

i really dont understand the gimping. should just be open class, open build, 1 full inventory of goodies, pick your poison(build), hope you last forever. if its too problematic put a cap on mana orbs. ... it isn't any wonder the world is 1/2 half-orcs.

I'm not understanding this at all. In fact, I'm slightly confused. Casters are VERY powerful in pvp especially but no one plays them because they are difficult to play and dont wield huge swords/armor that look flashy. Caster types do have issues but its not for this discussion. I will add on to that with Reaper being a 2x winner so far of regular KOTH and he is a caster who has killed melee AGAINST div even. Priests and Minstrels get handicaps already with no healing song and only 2 of the best priest heal, but the heal rule is for everyone. Cerebrus is VERY fair and tries hard to make sure everyone appreciates his game.

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly either but you are saying that in a fair fight you should be able to use potions of mana or HP? That sounds utterly insane. Then it's not about a class vs a class, it's about a class and potions vs a class and potions. This event at its bare bones is a 1v1 tournament where everyone has multiple chances(Killing streak or winning) to get PP. The world isn't ruled by half-orcs, it's ruled by people who aren't even trying to play the game. You can level something but if someone is actually playing the game they are thinking of counters or specific strategies...or just alliances to help progress deeper in to things. There are so many factors to this game that people do not consider. If people were to look at the messages boards, read developers logs and join in on conversation about changes and balancing then maybe they wouldn't feel like they just have no chance or say so in how things are.

Nighthawk is a VERY respectable guy and has given us so many chances to voice our opinions and put up numbers etc to help him out. Keep in mind that this is a work in progress and has been for a while. Not everything is a gravy train, but a balancing act.

Do you have a level 25 character that you've played with in KOTH and others events so that way you can give us factual information based on your performance and replicated it via other skirmishes/battles? If so...please let me know.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
Honzo

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:31 pm

i've seen enough "fights" by sideline viewing this event. half orc knights crush everything as pointed out and screamed at me by 35 other users. is that not factual? a cleric with 2 heals is like adding 500-600 hps on a crappy damage character, that's a severe limitation. paladin may be better but noone is using one for me to go "paladins rox, i want one". instead all i hear is "paladins sux and imma play the horc rave" yes mages will be powerful vs 10 wis characters regardless of using premium spells. winning this event means you could just kill the last person, that part is balanced cuz its just luck of the draw.

there is no reason to use most classes or unique characters, its not made up, its what i am seeing period.

@folder gnome/elf monk that aught to give that cleric a loss. "oh what a worthless build" well in the current setting yep

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Heals are limited and pots are not allowed mainly for time restraints, but also to make the fight fair.

If a healer was able to heal the entire fight, they're going to win 9/10 because the other class cannot heal.

I wont be getting into another long winded conversation about healing. The rules for this particular event are set and everyone seems to think it is fair and really enjoys this event. It's structured, with fair rules and everyone has a chance to win.

p.s. Horcs are not the end all to an event. In fact I've seen very few horcs win it
Last edited by Cerebrus on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Also this post is not for discussion, its for me to post weekly winners/prizes and edits to the rules. There is another thread titled "DISCUSSION for Koth and Jr. Koth"

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:22 pm

thats why the better the healer the lower the pvp damage output in general. but cockblocking abilities shows how imbalanced the classes really are. time constraints can be expressed by only allowing 10 pots/mana. but limiting abilities is not appealing to outsiders but if your intensions are to cling dearly to the same 40 members til they grow old/die/quit, then by all means. :popcorn:

you can use your golden mod power to lock this thread from mortals if its non discussion thread :roll: .

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:56 pm

We do not have mod powers on the boards. So please listen when I say dont post discussion topics in this thread.
"This thread has been moved so please post discussion topics in this thread"

Return to “Archive Chat”