DISCUSSION for KotH & Jr. KotH

Boikita

Re: King of the Hill Event COMING SOON!

Postby Boikita » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:08 am

Lets say someone wins and they are unable to be present the next fight?

Backpack

Postby Backpack » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:13 am

What happens when the king isn't online to hand the crown over? I hope you can rob them blind as a punishment.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:59 am

Seeing as the event is set on a certain night at a certain time, they know exactly when it is. If they cannot be online that night to defend their title, it is forfeited and they lose the title.

The night before the event I will get the crown back from the current king and hold it until the end of the event the following night, if they want to retain their title they will show up. By agreeing to participate in this event, you are also agreeing to being at the next event should you win the title and as just stated, should you not be available to fight in the next event, you have until the night before to notify me of that when you hand the crown over.

There's really no need for people to hold on to it and ruin something fun I am trying to do for everyone each week.

Perhaps at the end of a certain time period, we could do an event where all the characters who have won the title will battle it out in an Ultimate King of the hill and a reward other than a title can be handed out. Let's see how this goes first. Would need to decide on a time frame and a certain number of winners that need to win before we can do it, like say 8-10 individual people would need to have held the title in order for the Ultimate King of the hill to take place. The winner from that, would receive a unique prize. I'll have to clear that with Chris first.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:00 am

Boikita wrote:Lets say someone wins and they are unable to be present the next fight?

Cerebrus wrote:This will be a weekly fight, each week I will warp the current King in and he/she will have to defend their title. If the King does not show or does not want to participate, they will give up their crown and we will start over from the beginning.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:01 am

This sounds fun but I think logistically you need to get rid of the weekly crown item. Like people said there will be times when someone can't be online and it's not as simple as planning to be online or not. Power/internet goes out? Family emergency? There's a lot of things that could go wrong there without any malicious intent on the part of the previous king.

Just get rid of the weekly item and leave it at a prestige/bragging thing or a simple gold prize, it 100% works this way. You can still eventually do an ultimate koth with a usable item for a prize.
<Silhouette>

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:46 pm

This is awesome! Really, I posted to tell Cerebrus that his Bill Cosby gif is hilarious. LMAO. <3 Looking forward to events!! :D

Trento

Re: King of the Hill & Jr. King of the Hill

Postby Trento » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:19 pm

Cere, can't this event happen earlier?
Even for those in the server's time, midnight seems a bit late for a mid-week event.
Thanks,
Alts
Doom - Berserker
Trento - Ninja
Corpse - Death Mage
Uruk - Assassin
Lancelot - Paladin

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:22 am

Change it to PM on 1st post please, lol.
<Silhouette>

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:41 pm

Folder wrote:Change it to PM on 1st post please, lol.

Nice catch lol thank you

Cerebrus

In reference to King of the Hill

Postby Cerebrus » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:42 pm

From now on I will be using a list randomizer to determine the order in which you will fight.

I will still ask for the number 1-100 to determine who goes first, but after that I will input every participants name into the randomizer and click enter.

Along with the winnners I post on the King of the Hill post, I will also post a screenshot of the list that was randomized. This will keep it fair for all and transparent so no one thinks anything fishy is going on.

Something similar to this one, will probably find a better one, but this gives you an idea of how it'll work.

Return to “Archive Chat”