DISCUSSION for KotH & Jr. KotH

Folder

Re: DISCUSSION for KotH & Jr. KotH

Postby Folder » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:06 am

Nod, thanks Cere. People get bent out of shape easily but at the end of the day we're all a small community that can and should discuss things.

I don't do 1v1 with low wis characters precisely for this reason.
<Silhouette>

Reaper

Postby Reaper » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:34 am

It was hard not to be a little upset by the initial rule change. You just said the rules were changed, there wasn't really a discussion.

What bothered me the most was just that I always get annihilated in events. The one time I somewhat win one instantly rules get changed so that I never even stand a remote chance. Basically you rendered my chosen class useless in all future events.

I mean I'm a very laid back person but hard to not be annoyed by that. Regardless, I'm glad that I still have somewhat of a chance. Thanks for reconsidering.

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Well technically I had discussed it with the other staffers, but the players opinion should matter too. So thats why I made this post for future discussions as well as current :D

Reaper

Postby Reaper » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:42 am

Look so after winning KoTH last night I noticed a few people thought the rules unfair. Here I will put my suggestion and a few comments.

I will start off by saying that everyone I faced had horrible MR aside from Kyon who was very close to killing me. Drakeblood, 2 x Saurians, and a goblin. Reviewing the log none of them would have killed me even without the healing of leech. With that being said I just want to calm the unfair talk in that specific KoTH.

Now DM's can't very well not use their main damage ability in a fight. So, if people find it unfair, and I will not dispute that, then here is my suggestion.

The heal we get back is pretty low. Also it is not guaranteed especially from someone with high MR. So my suggestion would be we get a damage spell that does not heal, but is better than beam. We get two rounds of leech and then we use the new spell. With div this would put us pretty close to a pally heal on average if all 8 attacks hit. Without div it would prob be a little under.

The problem with that is the spell is pretty much pointless for anything other than KoTH. So it is kind of a weird thing.

My last comment is maybe it doesn't even need changing. The fact is other than Kyon, which was an unaffect war, no one really has had MR that I have fought. I'm suggesting this based on a few people who thought it unfair and I'm trying to be reasonable about it.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:01 am

Reaper wrote:... My last comment is maybe it doesn't even need changing. The fact is other than Kyon, which was an unaffect war, no one really has had MR that I have fought ....

I go with that.

It is the rock, paper, scissors that is a part of the game.
Without div being factored, a chanter/DM SHOULD eat something with low MR. Unless that something can deal out enough damage before its hit points run out.
Saurias/Drakes/Horcs (and goblins are just that awkward in between) have their physical power. You choose them for that, not their magic resistance.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:08 am

I don't think the problem is DMs, I think it's that all magic is a bit too strong. I was the goblin that fought you and yeah I expect to lose cause its against div, but a goblin ninja w/ 16 wis should have halfway decent MR, right?

Sorta feels like anything less than 20 wis and you're pure fodder for casters. I'm not suggesting a huge shift but it does feel a bit off at times.
<Silhouette>

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:47 am

Im currently working on a dwarf barb with 19wis on top of their 8% MR to test, also going to try out DE/HE with max wis to see how they fair. Will revisit this.

I could see maybe adding the spell reaper spoke of, but I also believe one should come to a fight prepared to possibly face a DM or any caster for that matter.

I can also see where all magic seems a bit op currently. I to have a gobby (ninja) with 16wis that does half way decent against a caster, but still dies 9/10 times.

Reaper

Postby Reaper » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:01 am

Yea I'm not really sure how stats work. On Reaper in a 5 fight test with a HO slayer I was killed 4 out of those 5 times. Twice I was rounded. One fight I unaffected 5 times on 10 Wis. I think it's pretty much a roll of the dice on hits and unaffects. Higher stats is a higher chance to get a better roll, but that doesn't mean you still can't get crappy rolls in a row.

I guess as far as anything under 20 wis goes it's kind of like having 16 agi vs someone with 22 agi. Sure there is a better chance you will dodge than if you had 10, but the chance is still pretty low. I could be wrong on this, pure speculation.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:05 am

Reaper wrote:Yea I'm not really sure how stats work. On Reaper in a 5 fight test with a HO slayer I was killed 4 out of those 5 times. Twice I was rounded. One fight I unaffected 5 times on 10 Wis. I think it's pretty much a roll of the dice on hits and unaffects. Higher stats is a higher chance to get a better roll, but that doesn't mean you still can't get crappy rolls in a row.

I guess as far as anything under 20 wis goes it's kind of like having 16 agi vs someone with 22 agi. Sure there is a better chance you will dodge than if you had 10, but the chance is still pretty low. I could be wrong on this, pure speculation.

Well now we're veering off, but IMO...

Orcs are crazy good because of their HP. Casters are OP in general. Wisdom doesn't seem to mean much until 20. 1v1 is pretty much all luck based, bigger fights where heals are involved are a different story.

I do think DMs having an extra spell that is basically Leech without the leech is a bit redundant, since its only use would be for stuff like KotH.
<Silhouette>

Trento

Postby Trento » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:24 pm

if it comes to implementing this new spell, it could be made less redundant if there is a significant difference in its mana cost.

beam = 2 mana
leech = 5
new spell = 3 would make me use this one on PVE, as long as I have a healer with me or while i'm at full hp. given its damage equals leech's.
Alts
Doom - Berserker
Trento - Ninja
Corpse - Death Mage
Uruk - Assassin
Lancelot - Paladin

Return to “Archive Chat”