Ember Roulette

Lateralus

Ember Roulette

Postby Lateralus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Rules:

How it goes:
I will select a person (top of my list) to start and from there they will pick their own person to attack once the 10 second countdown starts.

Once either person is dead I will heal up the victor and once they are fully healed will have a 10 second countdown to pick another person to attack. (if the countdown reaches 0 they will get 1 final reminder then I will start attacking them).

Other Rules:
-2 self heals spells per class. (If your class can heal go for it).
-Pets are cool to spawn only once you have been attacked. (dont like it? dont bring a pet class)
-Buffs/Morphs can be cast whenever but you wont be able to refill your mana so do it wisely
-Debuffs are cool only once you have started battle.
-If for some reason you still click to attack instead of type/macro and hit the wrong person after killing someone that battle starts then and you will not get a heal your battle will just start then.

Other Notes:
You will all be standing on the same square so things will be hectic. try not to spam while others are attacking or you will be removed.
If you attack someone outside if your fight youll be removed.
I will not be healing up for pet hits/etc just try not to get unlucky ;)
-No hiding or invis during the event unless its your turn (youll be removed if its not your battle). yes thats right if its your turn you can invis or hide as much as you want (I dont have a prob with double hiding either).
This is open to all levels!

Awards:
(these can vary depending on how many people enter the event this is for 6-14 people I will adjust accordingly for other amounts)
Longest streak gets 30pp
Last standing gets 20pp
If there is a 2 way tie both will get 30pp if there is a 3 way tie the 3 will get 25pp if there is a 4 way tie they will get 20pp and so on...

If anyone has any questions or comments let me know and ill get them answered or added to this list!
Last edited by Lateralus on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Honzo

Re: Ember Roulette

Postby Honzo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:56 pm

So what happens if the first person isn't randomized and they just fight everyone they have div the entire time since they get to choose the fights? Wouldn't that kind of give an advantage to the person going first?

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Honzo wrote:So what happens if the first person isn't randomized and they just fight everyone they have div the entire time since they get to choose the fights? Wouldn't that kind of give an advantage to the person going first?

first person will be whoever is on the top of my list. I will copy and paste the room order before starting.

and yes there is an advantage to going first just like there is an advantage to going last in ceres event!

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:21 pm

really, imo, div should just be hidden on the /i. it will be up for you to remember and impossible to remember 50 of your enemies alts especially when more are made everyday'
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Separate discusstion but yeah totally agree with that. Div in /i is too much info.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:21 am

Alot of peoples attitudes in here suck.

From what I see Lat doesn't favor anyone in this regard, the general room look over can work fine because it's not organized in any real way for a starter pick, though wouldn't make much difference otherwise to use a randomize, I don't see the big deal when it comes to 'first in room on look over' type deal.

Generally this was an event run on ROK that hadn't a problem. It was an advantage to start attacking obviously, though that's the benefit of being the attacker. More PP to streak than last though.

If you guys have PROPER feedback, give it and staffers will take it to heart. I don't care if you are a staffer or normal, you should treat each other with respect. Starting off with 'YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE U SUX OMG WTF' is not a proper way to start. I'd ignore you too if you talked to me in that regard. You guys can explain what needs to be fixed, and I'm sure a staffer would take the feedback if a lot of people agreed with it.

A new event might have tweaks on the first go or two. This happens, you got to get a balance overall, it should be announced though ahead of time and generally any big changes should be done next time around instead.

This topic is going to be cleaned. Start over chaps.

Man

Postby Man » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:56 pm

As stated before, do we really need another Koth event?

As I understand it we currently have 3. A level 25, and level 20-24, and a level 15 and under. This is just koth with less favorable rules for spellcasters and classes with pets.

Maybe this is an interesting event to pull out of the hat from time to time though, rather than weekly.

There's definitely interesting events out there that have been ran, there's the 3vs3 event that's been ran a few times as well as 2vs2. There's tournaments that can be ran, I think the only one I currently know about is the role play tournament, which everyone might not want to roleplay and tournaments are a bit fairer as a format than koth. You have Terrons suggestions of race vs race or class vs class events or guild wars 1vs1 event.

You could build a small area that is a gauntlet with progressively harder monsters, the further you get the more pp you get.
You could build a small area with multiple floors each floor getting progressively harder but with better pp rewards for beating the floor.
We could do an actual roulette event, however /random would need to be coded differently so everyone on the square can be randomed, where the staff member just goes /random and that person chooses who is out of the tournament (or fights a person of their choice) and one that person (or one of the two+) is gone the staff member randoms again and repeats until everyone is gone.
You can do clan vs clan moshes. You can do roleplaying events that don't require any killing.
You can do capture the flag with some script work (i.e. can't give in the arena, flag resets after being on the ground for more than 2 seconds, can't party inside of the arena).
You can do trivia.
Scavenger Hunt
You build the area event, where each week a different group of people add more to small area with staff help (maybe 1-3 squares a week) until an entire 'you build the area' is done
World events, from what a staff member said, possibly once a week players have to protect wiken from monsters attacking the city (maybe its the same event, maybe a rotating event)
Questline event, every week a new questline is opened only for a short period of time.

This is just a small amount of stuff I can think up. Yes, some of them might require a bit more effort than others, but some don't and haven't been repeated 3 times over. Just my opinion though.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:54 am

This was never meant to be a weekly event it was something I simply pulled out of my hat after I announced I was going to run an event and I got a ton of pages asking for anything but an open mosh "because silo would win".

Instead of doing a borning 1v1 I figured I'd do myself and the players a favor and do a quick 1v1 based mosh. Didn't go well for some reason and lesson learned. I'll stay away from trying to be creative from here on out. All out mosh only from me. Simple and there's no way for me to pick favs by doing random teams that aren't so random.

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:37 am

Everyone stands in one spot holding a oad drop able

All drink the random potion /don't remember the name but effects are random/

They pick their poison. Either live or die

Winner keeps the drops and Russian Roulette winner

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:58 am

Well you'd just want 1 prize in the end, but that could be fun.

The roulette potion doesn't instakill though, it just takes off a large chunk of HP. You'd need a potion just for this event that would instakill. Only problem is you'd have to do rounds, and it's entirely possible everyone dies in the last round...no prize? smaller prize for all in the last round?
<Silhouette>

Return to “Archive Chat”