DISCUSSION for 2v2/3v3 Tournament

Folder

Re: DISCUSSION for 2v2/3v3 Tournament

Postby Folder » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:44 am

Have to agree if you want double elim then we need 2 matches at once. 1.5-2 hours is a pretty big commitment.
<Silhouette>

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:00 pm

I've been seeing these people complain about how long an event took, yet those same people are the ones wanting more things to do or they idle all day long.

I dont see why it's a big deal when we're taking the time to hold these events, you guys cant sit and chat with everyone while you wait for your turn and you could win some pp from it.

Is sitting in a room shootin the shit with everyone for an hour or two really that bad? lol Im going to make a list of those complaining and then watch them to see what the do all day long. Are they truly active, busy leveling or are they idling all day anyways.

Im just happy that we got some new event staff who care about the game and the players enough to build these events and take their personal time to run them to give you guys something to do. :D

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:28 pm

I mean I do think 1.5-2 hrs is a very big commitment. Too big for some of us. Event was tons of fun and I'd love to see more of them, I really enjoy team fights as opposed to 1v1.
<Silhouette>

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Folder wrote:I mean I do think 1.5-2 hrs is a very big commitment. Too big for some of us. Event was tons of fun and I'd love to see more of them, I really enjoy team fights as opposed to 1v1.

I can see your point there, but how's it any different than sitting idle for 1.5-2hrs or leveling for 1.5-2hrs or farming dread keys for 2hrs?

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:12 pm

I can only speak for myself here of course.

When I'm idle I'm either 1) playing a different game or 2) not at the computer. I think there's a large difference between idling for 2 hours and being committed to playing for 2 hours. When you don't know which team will go next you need to keep an eye on things constantly, and when it's your turn you have 1 minute to get rdy so you can't be jerking off in the bathroom when you're up.

I never sit idle and do nothing while staring at Ember, but that's just me of course.

And for the record farming dreads keys for 1-2 blows. We've had that discussion though!
<Silhouette>

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Yes it does, it's why I rarely do it. lol

If I had remembered and wasnt hung over from the super bowl I would have been on to help him out. Maybe with double elim we should do it with 2 staffers.

1 Running Winners Bracket
1 Running Losers Bracket
Then meet at the end with the winners from those brackets.

Would speed it up a bit. Either way though, there's still going to be some time investment needed from the players side of it.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:49 pm

2 staffers for double elims sounds good if it can be coordinated :).
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:41 pm

priest problems lol
i think its only relevant in 1v1 and 2v2.

the problem lies in aid im sure and not cure/heal. removing aid use(without a change) will just make cleric never used.
in my opinion clerics don't need to heal 260s on non oad squares, i dont really see a fix w/o removal of aid, giving a cleric a bonus to heals over druid/guardian(possibly a flat 30 class bonus on any heal spell), and possibly making a long duration spell that prays to divinity for bonus heal power on oad squares only so aid isnt essential. or one last option of lowering aids fizzle rate and juicing the spell like making it a relative safe cast spell (next to nil on fizzles), cost 2 stamina to cast, 50 mana and heals for alot like 400-550 (2x normal) or a flat half of targets HP(player). either way it doesnt affect the game overall except in pvp.

in 3v3 3 hardcore dps will likely round someone enough heals dont matter as much. of course theres always the clerics that will tap all 3 heal macroes to heal whoever enemies are hitting, but it can be overcome by hitting all 3 enemies once then draining stam at 1 target. its just a tad harder to round is all. i recommend altering tactics to make a cleric stam late then try for rounding an enemy.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”