Hostage Rescue

Folder

Hostage Rescue

Postby Folder » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:53 pm

This was pretty cool, I liked it!

Suggestions:
-award PP to the entire team who got the most hostage kills. Awarding PP to whomever got the killshot(s) is unfair for team composition and especially people who want to heal.
-To encourage more PvP award PP for killing other rescuers.
-Lower PP reward for completion to help balance this out.
-Allow slayers to move back and forth to BS - you can't realistically expect people to play slayers if you don't want them to move. (they are going to move anyway out of habit, this rule is kinda unenforceable).

Basically looking for more incentive to murder each other and not just run around ignoring people.
<Silhouette>

Miach

Re: Hostage Rescue

Postby Miach » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 am

Folder wrote:This was pretty cool, I liked it!
...you can't realistically expect people to play slayers if you don't want them to move.

Hostages can never leave the room of the Rescuer. It is against the nature of a hostage. For that reason slayers will be at a disadvantage if they are taking a hostage role. There is no good way to fix this and the recommendation is that a Slayer be the Rescuer. I don't expect people to play Slayers. I'm actually against a full team of Slayers. You get to use Slayers in every other event, so this one doesn't cater to it and I don't see a problem with it.

Rescuer killing would be neat, but with the race component in play there isn't a ton of PVP anyway. Hostage killer PP award was to give incentive to kill at hostage zones and on the way out and at bottlenecks. It forces people to target hostages, which eliminates the PP award for the hostage if they do not survive. It felt kind of balanced that way. The hostage killer taking PP away from the hostage and earning it themselves.

It also prevent people from wanting to run healers. Healers obviously wouldn't be able to pick up kills as easily. That is all part of the strategy. You can bring utility and support, but it means they won't often be able to get killshots.

It forces people to deviate from the norm. You know what I'm talking about: Slayer, Priest, Chanter or some combination you might always bring to a 3v3 match and forces people to deviate their thinking into "How can I help my team, but remain competitive for the PP awards?" Maybe a Guardian to protect Hostages isn't a bad idea? Brings some heals into the mix and protect.

Edit: In addition, there would be more fighting if people knew where the top of Drevlar's mountain is located, and maybe if I forced the hostages to be grabbed in a certain order to force bottlenecks. There was 2 bottleneck fights and both were joyous to watch.

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:15 am

So you want full teams of ninjas? If you don't want slayers and you don't want support then you're gonna get ninjas.

Consider allowing hostages to be killed before their rescuer arrives? This gives an interesting choice to the first 1 or 2 that show up - do they spend time trying to kill hostages or do they keep ahead of the pack and try to win the race?
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:46 am

Folder wrote:So you want full teams of ninjas? If you don't want slayers and you don't want support then you're gonna get ninjas.

Consider allowing hostages to be killed before their rescuer arrives? This gives an interesting choice to the first 1 or 2 that show up - do they spend time trying to kill hostages or do they keep ahead of the pack and try to win the race?

I was sort of thinking that TBH, it would be a nice alternative. Then the hostage would need to be able to defend themselves from the start off course, just not move.
The Hostage Rescue event sounds good though.

How about a variant where you have one team do the rescue and another team to seek and destroy. So one team needs to run away before the other can kill it. Then you could switch roles. Maybe something like this already exists though.
I am pretty much never on for events anyway.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Miach

Postby Miach » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:00 am

Folder wrote:So you want full teams of ninjas? If you don't want slayers and you don't want support then you're gonna get ninjas.

There's more than 2 classes in the game, though.

I think that second part has some value.

Return to “Archive Chat”