Ember Trivia Results From 5-2-17

Lateralus

Ember Trivia Results From 5-2-17

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 04, 2017 1:34 am

What race has a max str of 19, wis of 20 and chr of 21? (not counting +1)
Half Elf
[07:25] ((( Vodka ))) is paging you from Canopia City Gates (Canopia City): half elf

Here is one for you fast typers :Name all the classes in alphabetical order (spelling counts)
[07:37] ((( Eld ))) is paging you from Canopia City Gates (Canopia City): assassin, barbarian, bard, cleric, druid, knight, monk, necromancer, paladin, ranger, sorceror, thief

Q. There are two NPC's somewhere 'Forgotten'. Who are they?
A. Father Arstos and the Sobbing Mourner
[07:46] ((( Torrid ))) is paging you from Crumbling Chapel (Forgotten Cemetary): father arstos and sobbing mourner

Name 3 monsters in the starting tutorial area:
Barracuda, Sand shrimp, seagull, stingray, baby tortoise
[07:27] ((( Eld ))) is paging you from Wading Pool (Tutorial Island): baby tortoise, jellyfish, stingray

Q. How do players pass from Seamoor to Ocean Crest?
[07:47] ((( Eld ))) is paging you from Canopia City Gates (Canopia City): board

What town is the transformation room in?
Canopia
[07:31] ((( CunningFiend ))) is paging you from Sleeping Bard Inn (Seamoor): canopia

What room number is the platform of frost? (hint you need to type /n on a room to see the room number)
[07:49] ((( Jekyll ))) is paging you from Canopia City Gates (Canopia City): 1443

Q. What is the Kingdom's Capital City named?
A. Alderra
[07:29] ((( Eld ))) is paging you from Discipline Circle (Canopia City): alderra

The Gold Horder drops what Golden equipment?
Golden Plate
[07:28] ((( Eld ))) is paging you from Discipline Circle (Canopia City): golden plate

What NPC drops Tainted Claws?
Tainted Hawks
[07:35] ((( Torrid ))) is paging you from Canopia City Gates (Canopia City): tainted hawk

Which shop keeper sells Yallow leaf and Lion Meat (Hint shes up north)
Jendiana Bones
[07:32] ((( Weapon ))) is paging you from "Jendiana Bones" Outfitter (Arkanmaw): jendiana bones

What NPC resides in the Travelers Hut?
Alvars Dastin
***Messed up the question and ghosted question voided***

Eld 5* looks like he spelled sorcerer wrong so really 4 but he wins anyways (20pp) PAID
Torrid 2 (10pp)
Vodka 1 (5pp)
CunningFiend 1 (5pp) PAID
Jekyll 1 (5pp) PAID
Weapon 1 (5pp)

Lateralus

Re: Ember Trivia Results From 5-2-17

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 04, 2017 1:46 am

Final question: These are edited to hide names because i want honest answers in the future and to combine answers since some just paged with the location first. If anyone wants to see original logs let me know.

[07:51] *System Broadcast from Lateralus: ok last question and this ones a bit different.
[07:53] *System Broadcast from Lateralus: Q. What is the most disliked area in game currently? everyone who gets the most picked answer gets a point here. Person with the best explanation will get an extra point as well

arkenmaw - because of the memes
arkhamaw because it has too many memes, the entry area is overcrowded, the entry system to the oad is poorly thought out, and there's too much gear spread out over too many monsters. also the majority of the equipment has terrible names that should never be seen in a game, let alone on high end equipment
arkamaw with the puns - memetown in a fantasy game horrible flow cluster of squares in Certian points when i go there my soul dies
Arkham town. It's full of memes and does not fit in with the lore of a fantasy rpg at all. It's just TOO silly. A little silly is fine, but it's way over the top.

the first one? it's so pathetic lol
Starting zone one, the xp is bad compared to outside and is just a waste of time.

graveyard, easy to pk there
graveyard

alderra. because it is too big for the playerbase - so many useless squares and so far out - either that or arkanmaw because it is full of memes (that samuel L jackson reference, eew)

Kakegi Grove. Exp isn't very good and the questline takes entirely too long

Drevlar Mines because it's dark, grindy, and the EXP gain isn't as good as other areas. It is mianly used only for Oris and for Salamander (which is the least run OaD) - it ALSO has NO quests.

dreads - because of keys and stuffs

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 04, 2017 3:34 am

I just wanted to give a little response to everything that was posted here.

Lateralus wrote:
arkenmaw - because of the memes
arkhamaw because it has too many memes, the entry area is overcrowded, the entry system to the oad is poorly thought out, and there's too much gear spread out over too many monsters. also the majority of the equipment has terrible names that should never be seen in a game, let alone on high end equipment
arkamaw with the puns - memetown in a fantasy game horrible flow cluster of squares in Certian points when i go there my soul dies
Arkham town. It's full of memes and does not fit in with the lore of a fantasy rpg at all. It's just TOO silly. A little silly is fine, but it's way over the top.
arkenmaw
Lav is already under way to improve arkamaw towns and npc names. I just reworked the quests so they are pending approval to go live (they were never balanced). Some of you bundled refinery item names in with your concern for arkamaw shop and npc names. We know these are the best items in the game should reflect that. This is something that is on the list should get worked on next.

the first one? it's so pathetic lol
Starting zone one, the xp is bad compared to outside and is just a waste of time.

Starting Zone Beach
This area is mainly to teach new players but that doesn't mean it also has to be useless for other players so this is something Ive already talked to nitehawk about and am going to take a deeper look at. This is the most critical part of the game for us to impress new players. Our retention rate is horrible this could be part of the cause. We need to get more rewards in there and more traffic around players first coming into the game. I have some ideas this is on the list as well.

graveyard, easy to pk there
graveyard
Graveyard
Graveyard not much to work with here but ill give it a shot. It is a pk area so I understand why some people might not be a fan there are other larger sprawling areas no one could ever find you in as alternatives (graveyard actually has lower exp than most areas in its level zone). It is getting a rework on quests as well as making the monsters a bit more interesting through scripting and will have a new boss. This is next on my todo list.

alderra. because it is too big for the playerbase - so many useless squares and so far out - either that or arkanmaw because it is full of memes (that samuel L jackson reference, eew)

Alderra
You are right it is too big for the current playerbase and not really near anything worth going to so it remains empty. The city is very nice and hopefully once there are some points of interest near it players will have a bit more reason to inhabit it. fact of the matter is we are expanding faster than growing (numbers are staying pretty stable) so interaction is getting smaller. 30 players can only be in so many places.

Kakegi Grove. Exp isn't very good and the questline takes entirely too long
Grove
Ive already reworked the grove to be less grindy and is just waiting on Chris to double check everything so that could be in tomorrow.

Drevlar Mines because it's dark, grindy, and the EXP gain isn't as good as other areas. It is mianly used only for Oris and for Salamander (which is the least run OaD) - it ALSO has NO quests.
Mines
The exp is actually higher in there than graveyard but the stacks of monsters might be a bit harder to deal with. No quests is also a big reason why not many are there to level. That leaves mining for gems which is dying out because everyone already has rings. and the salamandar which is not ran very often because not many classes can make use of its loot table. Again this is something that will be looked at but a bit lower on the list.

dreads - because of keys and stuffs

dreads
Not super sure what that means but I just reworked the dreads much like the grove and it will introduce a new system for the keys as well as more interesting monsters and bosses since i finally learned how to script. This could be in as early as tomorrow it just needs a final check by nitehawk.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu May 04, 2017 9:23 am

Cool. Smart move asking for opinions in this manner.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu May 04, 2017 9:55 am

Folder wrote:Cool. Smart move asking for opinions in this manner.

It was very sneaky, aye :D
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”