instadeath.

Do you find it fun to be instantly killed by a 2 stack of snowmen hitting 13-1600 as you walk by?

Yes
36%
No
14%
/wrists
14%
/pull trigger
14%
/rope
14%
that's why i skipped that daily as much as possible
No votes
i dont play without a full zerg team
9%

Total votes: 22
Mort

Re: instadeath.

Postby Mort » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:48 am

At the beginning of the event the blue abos where dropping blue presents often enough about every 5-10 kills. Towards the end of the event not even the red ones with a snowball where dropping a blue present every 10-20 kills.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:52 am

Now that it's over. I would kill the two in the first two squares as you come in. They respawned fast. The first one was night div (grey), and even on my earth div monk it was fairly easy to kill even though i missed most of my attacks. The next one south was storm div(white) and hit for 145 on me so was a breeze. There was another spot where I could fight solo white snowmen on two adjacent squares. I tended to stay away from the blue and red text snowmen since they hurt and were hard to kill. I partied with one group who did hit and run on all snowmen including the ones I'd solo. Some people just overcompensated for the blue and red double stacked ones. For reference though, my gnome chanter and ling brig could have been one hit by a couple of them I think due to div. After that first night though, I only died to snowmen at Krampus.

Last night my wife and I got blue presents about 50% of the time on the white ones. The White Rabbits also had 100% drop rate on the onesies. I had to go check the item file to make sure it wasn't changed cause I was about to panic thinking people were going to farm loud hum onesies and it needed fixed. Nope, nothing changed... just RNG luck on the drops. The RNG can either be kind or show no love.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 am

it was the easiest spot for me. never run out of spawns. can afk. not really any traffic. if i died (likely), my stuff wouldn't get looted.

regardless, if this area was open for an entire year, id have been "rounded" by monsters 700-1000x. i think this is a definite burden and hurts player retention. face it, if we do get any new players they wont have played muds for 20 years. theyll need to enjoy the shit out of this game the first few days or theyre gone. it feels like the ultimate waste of time when you grind out exp hit max level and instantly die. these arent bosses, training monsters shouldn't have rape your face power. ive already seen alot of people uit after 1 25er.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:09 am

Terron wrote:i think this is a definite burden and hurts player retention.

Maybe we didn't make it clear that the snowmen were on the HARDCORE daily quest. It can't be made easy and be a long term thing. Hardcore has to mean something and even new people should know Hardcore is not for beginners.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:47 am

no its for level 20s that get killed in nearly 1 hit by the red snowballs. besides when those were made, hardcore means it takes longer. designed to take an hour rather than 5 minutes. i think the term hard is misleading you. u kill the same monsters in almost every daily. hardcore just adds a drop or two and 4x the monsters to kill.

if the monsters are made to kill people, then let them kill people. even in group. let them hit 1500s so there is no chance to survive. atleast in this its fair to group and solo people. i can also laugh mercilessly from my own temple. also there no way to exploit pks if everyone dies in 1 hit.

just keep in mind you aren't building this game for the usual mud player. Most of us are getting older, we will probably all be grandparents sooner than later. Youre building it for future players right. future players that play dragonvale or farmville etc. wonder how many times my wife has been instakilled on a facebook game? oh right 0.

EDIT: i used a neutral character, i found the easiest ones to kill had red or green snowballs. they dodged nearly nothing, however they always hit 400-900. the grey ones were easy aswell they just seemed to dodge 75% and i cba to endure that. rather just die and come back.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:23 pm

Maybe we need to codify the definition of Hardcore in this game. The other games that I play which have "casual/veteran/hardcore" events/settings/campaigns have a nasty progression from one to the next. Consider it like Warcraft's Raid difficulty. They have Raid Finder (casual), Normal (veteran), and Heroic (hardcore). Each tier up the raid is exponentially more difficult because not only do the monsters become tougher and stronger but they gain abilities and even new bosses can appear. In those systems it isn't about number of monsters to kill or amount of time required, it is an elevated difficulty and requires a different skillset. Maybe I'm wrong in my thinking though. I'll have to ask NH or Lat about it sometime to see what their thoughts are.

PS: I am a grandfather. My oldest grandson won't be playing this game for a couple of years. He's only 9 and I won't expose him to the toxicity on this game if people find out he's related to me. Besides, he's into sports right now and doesn't play many online games yet. Hoping he keeps that mentality really.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:40 pm

yeah i hope my kids stay to offline gaming really lol. im alot older than my other siblings and i really didnt get to play the "nintendo/snes" or atari when i grew up. the adults always hogged that shit. my siblings gamed all through their childhoods on consoles. truth of it all is they dont really play video games as adults and i do. coincidence? maybe.

in seriousness, the game is pretty easy in general. i dont see why a flashy quest chain doing "hardcores" for several days resulting in a purple armor should be "harder" than oads. maybe its the 100% certainty for the item, i dunno. merry christmas, keep the change you filthy animal... kinda thing. kinda just lost its amusing factor by day 4. was it fun? yea ofc. dieing is fine when you are combating the beasts.

the hardcore dailies just seem to be more of the same thing. imo the veteran is the hardest usually especially if done at the target levels. although the hardcores are just grueling and long and mostly designed for groups. but alot of it backfires in group when you end up short of 70% of the drop requirements and burn yourself out on it

Return to “Archive Chat”