Alderran Grand Tourney

Satsujin

Alderran Grand Tourney

Postby Satsujin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:04 am

A poster, printed neatly on a scroll of fine parchment, goes up in every tavern in Alderra. It reads simply in a large, easily legible, print: "Come and test your mettle against your fellow countrymen! This weekly tourney is designed to keep out combattants' wits sharp, and their bodies ready in the event of war. Frequent victors may receive the attention of the priesthood, or possibly even the gods themselves." Beneath this, someone (presumably the courier) has drawn a crude rendition of a female mage in a state of undress, lying atop a pile of corpses. The parchment seems to be bloodstained...

The purpose of this event is to blend roleplay and PvP into a single event, giving those who wish to flex their RP muscles the chance to do so, while also letting them kill their fellow players. This event will be fought one-on-one tournament style on Thursday evenings, and may make use of the Discord voice chat for ease of OOC use.

RULES
1. Roleplay is MANDATORY. If you refuse to roleplay, you will be disqualified. If I believe you're making a mockery of the IC nature if the event, I may not allow you to participate again in the future.

2. Do not enter if you don't have at least an hour to dedicate to this event. This may take time with the battles, roleplay, etc. If you log off, you've conceded your battle, and will not be warped back outside of internet issues.

3. Whining will be met with laughter. Seriously, if you have a complaint about how the event is being run, I would love to hear your feedback if you can present it in a mature way. If all you want to do is whine because you didn't win or whatever, kindly go elsewhere.

Questions, comments, concerns, etc all go here.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Kismet

Re: Alderran Grand Tourney

Postby Kismet » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Two concerns here.

First, no other players I came across so far made a decent attempt to RP which makes me question the quality and number of participants that would join this bloodletting tournament. Not that I am that great either due to nerves and struggling with coming up with stuff on the spot. Just saying.

Second is a little more personal. Vocal communication isn't my best means as I stutter for reasons I won't get into and therefore won't bother with a mic. I'd at least be willing to listen in to what others have to say though.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:26 pm

If turn out is low, then I'll probably shelve the idea for later, but in my experience on ROK, people are much more willing to humor the idea of RP if there's a prize to be won.

Voice chat, if utilized, will be optional and just to make out of character questions easier to answer. No one will have to use it if they don't want to.
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Trento

Postby Trento » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:18 pm

great idea. count me in
Alts
Doom - Berserker
Trento - Ninja
Corpse - Death Mage
Uruk - Assassin
Lancelot - Paladin

killa

Postby killa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:03 pm

interesting... ive never role played really before, does that mean i have to talk all old school and 3rd person lol.. I'm interested but don't understand :oops:

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:15 pm

For those interested, this will likely start next week rather than this week, as I've been fighting the flu and don't want to risk conking out mid event because of my meds. That'll also give me time to finish hammering out specifics and such.
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:34 am

I'll give it a go but I've only done light roleplay and there may be rules and shit I'm not familiar with.

Honzo

Postby Honzo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 pm

I just wanted to personally thank everyone for coming out and playing in Satsujin's RP-PVP tournament! I hope you all had fun. Matchups were determined via a random name generator and bracketed up. Please leave any comments or suggestions are part of this thread! I hope if we do this again that we'll get more people to partake in the madness! It's fresh and new, so hopefully we see more people give it a shot! :)

1st place - Shinigami (30)
2nd place - Prometheus (15)
3rd Place - Hunnicutt (5)
PEER VOTED BEST RPER - Shinigami (10 additional)

Grand Alderran Bracket 1m12d.jpg
Grand Alderran Bracket 1m12d.jpg (48.28 KiB) Viewed 6841 times

1m12d Alderran Brackets.jpg
1m12d Alderran Brackets.jpg (140.23 KiB) Viewed 6841 times

PEER VOTE WINNER.gif
PEER VOTE WINNER.gif (175.25 KiB) Viewed 6841 times

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:46 pm

I will NOT be available to run this this week, since my brother (Norgoth/Codey from ROK for those of you who remember him) is getting married tonight.
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Satsujin wrote:I will NOT be available to run this this week, since my brother (Norgoth/Codey from ROK for those of you who remember him) is getting married tonight.

Ah! He's your brother! Congrats to him :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”